Most overpowered heroes for star rating...my thoughts:

1* - Piotin A
    2* - Scout H noteworthy KA
    3* - Tempest S

LC

1 - Gallows G
    2 - G Oak
    3 - Dragon M

Hoping for debate so I can create teams based on the forums suggestions.

Cheers ,
    L
    Sign: Cornbreadoz
    Ally Code: 881-835-892

For PVE I like SH and TS, but with the perceptive deflection / reflection tanky toons out there I don't attack much with that at all in pvp - although they're good for quick mopup of lame squads. I don't think anyone in the game really is OP actually, it's darn well balanced. There's tiers of characters that I've seen so far for sure, but they all seem to have at least some tradeoffs.

In the 2* category, I'd put Maric at about the top, he's very difficult to replace as a squad anchor. You can replace KA with other attackers. KEA is also vastly underrated, I'd say he's just as good or better than KA. With all the deflection going on and damage going back at your face, his kit is built direvclty to handle that with the 8% health gain on damage dealt and 35% h/p regen on any death..that's > than 2x Griffon Leather gears on warden .. so him all alone with no gear negates the enemy deflection tactic. He has the best damage / attack outcomes for any toon in the game in the right situation as he hammers 1 toon with levy, on a crit it's almost a guaranteed kill, then he stuns a row and he then has a 50% chance to attack all after he's gained 20% power - so the 2nd attacks just blow stuff up. Often he kills the 1 toon he attacks, then stuns the row, so you disable / kill 2/3 characters there often and then if he does proc the 50% that's like another death. KA is great, but a 100% defender Maric will eat up both of his attacks and then send back a huge deflection bomb at you, especially if justice helm equipped.

Celene is also under-used. Combine her 5% h/p converison on any damage with KEA in the same squad and you get really amazing damage generation - no dupe, her Piotin / KEA should be a good combo there to try. So many good 2* though: AD has a great kit with blights, AEG, Calp, Crassius, CrowZ, DF (yes imo she's back in a major way with the taunter buff and team 25% gain on her being hit), GS Dragon, Josie (she may have the best attacking combo kit in the game with dual curse, stun, and PD), LF, Archi (killer kit combined with AD), Zither.

2* LC I'd have to put HO in there as the attacker / MVP variant to the Oak - Oak very defensive, but HO you can setup to be a massive bomb and team MVP. Gains power when allies attacked, Maddox can make him stun immune, has self PD immune, can be made perceptive by gear ... has access to Elf, Golem, Mage gear and buffs.

3* I think Duke A is great, Dorian is great and seeing PD neg. Inq teams pop up as tough ver. some squads, FH can still be very useful vs. some setups (esp combined with HO), TEO is great with Tevinter or with Bligiht builds, Thom is good ... but for me the best all around 3* is probably Shapeshifter Morrigan and the witches. SSM1/3/4 with DM and Asha is arguably the best all around team in the game when combining PVE and PVP, at least with no dupes and no runes in play. They crush METASII nodes that other combos can't handle, can no rune / no dupe the shapeshifter raid, pvp-wise in the right build they can defeat Blight / Tevinter power drain comps, crush the SH / SW quick teams - even ones with TS in it, crush the NH / zither combos and dwarf comps. They mainly run in to trouble with KM and deflection-heavy nobility squads. I actually have 3 of each built, one with anti-PD gear, one with anti-curse gear, and one that's heavy on curse and PD negs ...

3* LC DM and DotEO are versatile and elite imo ... Hakkon also great, but a bit less diverse in build strategy.

Comment

Sara's bees also have really boosted stun-capable toons. Have a Runic Golem build going that is pwning ferelden / nobility KA / KM / FB / Oak team iterations today in PG - 25-1 ...just built / crafted that in the last day ... so I'd definitely add him as a strong 2* now. Farm the bees in the right armor and craft on stun teams.

Comment

Thanks heaps Johnny. Heaps of good advice and plenty to consider.

Best regards,
        L
        Sign: Cornbreadoz
        Ally Code: 881-835-892

Comment

It has been some time since I have seeing such analyzing of heroes. It is a refreshing memory as the few first years of the game. Some I knew and some are refreshing to know.

Thank you for that.
          Last edited by RoenGs; 04-06-2021, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornbreadoz View Post
            Most overpowered heroes for star rating...my thoughts:

1* - Piotin A
            2* - Scout H noteworthy KA
            3* - Tempest S

LC

1 - Gallows G
            2 - G Oak
            3 - Dragon M

Hoping for debate so I can create teams based on the forums suggestions.

Cheers ,
            L
            Nice thread Cornbread Oz!

I'm sad no Wardens teams make the list - I like them, but I find them unusually fragile in builds so far.

I agree that KEA is super strong, but I have yet to get any of the Bees kit. Next TRA event, I'll be farming it, along with the new Ferelden gear.

Comment

Thanks for starting this post! I give it a try:

1* Ferleden banner
              2* King Maric
              3* in this catecory, I feel more uncertian. Duke are much bether than he's stats sugest, but he is tied to Venatori, even though he got strong auras for all allies. With all this new cool gear, perceptive etc, I am tempted to say SSM T4, wich are tied to allies only, and lots of suporting auras are neaded, but I feel SSM in general are geting more and more relevant since creature has been liftet with good gear.

LC
              1* Great Bear, Wintersent Nugalope and Gurn are all good, not sure I can say OP.
              2* Grand Oak, for sure, but also Harvester Orsino. There are many good 2 star LC's Grey Warden Knight, are another favorite.
              3* 3 very OP 3*dragons. Dragon Morigan, Dragon of the Elder One, Hakon Wintersbreath. All players will nead all 3 of them. When you get them have a snaps and polka to celebrate. Strong roosters often have built 2-3 of each of them.

Comment

Nice thread. I'm seeing a lot of pretty obvious names here between the Ferelden nobility, Ven, and quick/slowing/gaining Inquisition setups - those are probably the three most primary squads going at the moment. I like the look at the Witches - will definitely get back to playing with them now that they can wrap under Perception and a lot of great gear.

Just to open the conversation to some slightly lesser used toons - I'm going to say that the Dragonling revamps were outstanding. As a full set, non-dupe, and in the right event - they can be nearly unstoppable. Outside a specialty event they can have great function scattered among other squads (ex: adding the Quick+ round back-hit to the Ven/drain setups). The dragon scale gears are absolutely OP. And across far more toons and usefulness than just the Dragonlings - they give the Golem Crystals a run for their money with the ability to wrap on most of the LCs to supplement many, many squads. In terms of specialty LCs I really don't think it gets any better than Greater Mistral - her auras and usefulness in Creature squads, under Creature events, is unmatched in my opinion.

Great Dragon, Hissrad, Rev Gurd, WC Sophia, Saarebas, RL Meredith are all worthy of honorable mention.

Arl Eamon Guerrin is outstanding. He is most often used in the Ferelden Nobility squads; but given the nature of his buffs, he works really well on many of the Ven and Dwarven squads as well - and his high rate of double back-hit can be a game-changer in the right setups. I love pairing him with Duke Ant and the back-hit Dragonling in a custom drain setup that pretty much just melts most of the Maric squads (HHS is a great specialty LC here too).

I'm not entirely sure I rate DM as all the way elite; she is elite in the right mix-n-match of Inquisition offensive squads; and can maybe be elite in a defensive Witch-based setup (also like DF a lot here as well). But for Inquisition defensive setups; I think Wild Hart >> DM by a fair margin and is pretty underrated currently. And speaking of defensive Inquisition and being underrated; the last toon I'll bring up is Div Cass. Her kit is just fantastic; and her white faction and Nobility tag allows her to pair with so many other great toons in defensive setups. I've found her to be particularly useful in counter setups to the high-rate assassinations (ex. AL/Jarvia) to create an easy end-of-round-1 nuke.
                Last edited by xXx_nog_xXx; 07-14-2021, 12:50 PM.
                xXx nog xXx
                xXx ! xXx

Comment

I find fen harel, dragon Morrigain, and scout Harding to be the most op people

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X