Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Comp Help (Newbie)

Hello HoDA Community!

I've been playing this game for quite a while now (a few months, honestly) but I really feel like my team comp is kind of... lackluster. I'm still not able to do the highest difficulty in any event and get really terrible results concerning PvP, never going past the top 8k, albeit having a (in my limited sight of things) optimized and synergetic legendary/mythic team. I know its a lot to read and its probably quite much to ask, coming from a new member, but can an experienced player (or players..) suggest me the best possible team comps for the heroes I own? I'll list them below, I don't own that many. Also please excuse any screwed up names, since english isn't my native language and neither is my game english.

3* : Advisor Cullen, Revenant Gurd, Xenon the Antiquary
    2* : Dragon Flemeth, Beast of the Tellari Swamps, Paragon Caridin, Gordian, Naishe, Ketojan, Commander Clarel, Warden Genevieve, Spirit Champion, Cilian
    1* : Vengeance Anders, Morrigan (Twice), Tallis, Hissera, Spirit of Hope, Spirit of Justinia, Rion, Demon of Despair, Sky Watcher, Lord Woolsey, Prof Bram Kenric, Krem, Ser Berlinda Darrow, Hakkonite-Archeress, Paragon Branka, Ritts, Shianni, Kitty, Commander Duncan, Saarebas, Viddasala, Grey Warden Sigrun, Ser Stroud, King Alistair, Red Lyrium Meredith, Librarian, Leopold, Snug the Bronto, Aspect of the Nightmare, Harvester Orsino, High Dragon and Every version of Shale.

At this point thanks for reading through all this. I really know nothing about the theoretic aspects of battle (for example whether a "split team" as in lets say gurd, the hakkonite archer and 2 mages are viable). I've quite a bunch of legendary equips laying around, since I was too scared to equip them to anyone except my team to not waste them...
    Current team setup is Gordian & Morrigan (Mythic, yea I know, but she was my best character for the first weeks..) in the front row, Beast of the Tellari Swamps (Mythic) and Vengeance Anders in the Back. Giant is Dragon Flemeth. For any Advice or even better one or multiple viable team comps for different situations I'd be really thankful!

Kind regards

Cass

Well, I think you have 2 possible groupings that I would work up.

Demons-
    Lord Wols, Kitty, Revenant Gurd, Harvester Orsino.. and use Xenon for the 5th.
    You could place LIbrarian in there but long term value on LIbrarian isn't great to me.

and Qunari-
    Naishe, Sarebaas, Viddasla, Ketojan and use Dragon Flemeth.
    Alternatively you can mix in Hissera.. or Tallis though I think Naishe and Sarebaas are strongest out of your Qunari.

Noteworthy (to me) heroes you have are:
    Revenant Gurd
    Xenon (great defense and fits any group)
    Spirit Champion
    Kitty
    Beast of the T Swamps
    Ser Belinda Darrow (But recommend to build her later when you wish to make a Templar group)

The first 5 i named as noteworthy in my opinion should be your higher priority to build.
    ... and then there's MARYDEN (the forgotten ONE).

Comment

Originally posted by Therealpill Cosby View Post
      Well, I think you have 2 possible groupings that I would work up.

Demons-
      Lord Wols, Kitty, Revenant Gurd, Harvester Orsino.. and use Xenon for the 5th.
      You could place LIbrarian in there but long term value on LIbrarian isn't great to me.

and Qunari-
      Naishe, Sarebaas, Viddasla, Ketojan and use Dragon Flemeth.
      Alternatively you can mix in Hissera.. or Tallis though I think Naishe and Sarebaas are strongest out of your Qunari.

Noteworthy (to me) heroes you have are:
      Revenant Gurd
      Xenon (great defense and fits any group)
      Spirit Champion
      Kitty
      Beast of the T Swamps
      Ser Belinda Darrow (But recommend to build her later when you wish to make a Templar group)

The first 5 i named as noteworthy in my opinion should be your higher priority to build.
      First of all thanks a lot for your reply! I went ahead and built the qunari team an so far it works out great! But I have a few questions if thats okay =)
      - I've put Naishe and Saarebas in the Back Row and Ketojan and Viddasala in the front, since Saarebas attacks all and Naishe attacks twice. Is that correct?
      - Why should I go with Viddasala and Saarebas over Tallis/Hissera?
      - Which Heroes do I lack for a viable mage team?
      - Since I already own a Hakkonite Archer, Would Gurd + Archer + Xenon + A fourth Hakkonite (legendary) make a viable team? Well, of course in Combination with Hakkon Wintersbreath.
      - By the way, where do large Creatures actually drop? I've seen every dragon from inquisition ingame, can you actually farm them somewhere, or do they only come in Champion packs?

EDIT: How do I layout the demon team? Xenon im the Front I assume? Kitty and Gurd in the Back?

Kind Regards

- Cass
      Last edited by Cass_05; 02-04-2018, 04:33 AM. Reason: Additional Question that came up

Comment

Forget about Jaws of Hakkon. You already have their 2 best heroes. Best Hakkonite team is probably Gurd and 3 Archers, or 4x Archers + Hakkon. Getting Hakkon is far odds. I don't even know if he's in the BP catalog.

Qunari in general fall behind as a group. Therealpill forgot to stress that your best possible team is the demons.

LC: Orsino (this team composition will favor more health over power, so Orsino over Nightmare Aspect for now, but don't throw the Aspect away just yet)
        FR: Xenon & Gurd (slow tanks in front, load them up with passive drain and defender gear)
        BR: Woolsley and Kitty for extra crit chance, also because Kitty is quick round and Woolsley is normal round AOE

I would also say that you have another team that's better than the qunari. You have Clarel, who is pretty much the best, or at worst second best Warden in the game. You also have Genevieve, a good defender with some nice Warden buffs. Add Ser Stroud and Sigrun and DFlemeth for LC. It's not the best possible Warden team, ofc, and Wardens aren't very strong as a group in the game, but imo they're better than Qunari. The last decent qunari released was Hissera, and she works better in Inquisition sqauds or in dupes or herself.

Your two best heroes are Kitty and Xenon, build them before anyone else.

You also have 2 very good Spirits, Spirit Champion and Spirit of Faith, but you don't have anyone else good enough to build a spirit team. Once you build up your demons, try the Origins gauntlet. It has a chance to drop Spirit Champion and Evangeline. 2x SC, SoF and Eva would make a good spirit team. But for now, your best bet is demons.

Ally Code: 342-164-588
        Guild: Spirit Fingers

Comment

Originally posted by Cass_05 View Post

First of all thanks a lot for your reply! I went ahead and built the qunari team an so far it works out great! But I have a few questions if thats okay =)
          - I've put Naishe and Saarebas in the Back Row and Ketojan and Viddasala in the front, since Saarebas attacks all and Naishe attacks twice. Is that correct?
          - Why should I go with Viddasala and Saarebas over Tallis/Hissera?
          - Which Heroes do I lack for a viable mage team?
          - Since I already own a Hakkonite Archer, Would Gurd + Archer + Xenon + A fourth Hakkonite (legendary) make a viable team? Well, of course in Combination with Hakkon Wintersbreath.
          - By the way, where do large Creatures actually drop? I've seen every dragon from inquisition ingame, can you actually farm them somewhere, or do they only come in Champion packs?

EDIT: How do I layout the demon team? Xenon im the Front I assume? Kitty and Gurd in the Back?

Kind Regards

- Cass
          Well... as I said.. based on what you have.. that is what I would work on. It's preferences at the end of the day.
          It's true Qunari are considered non-meta currently however it's pretty good synergy considering your roster. Hissera is a great hero but I find I acutally don't use her as often as I would like.. maybe since my catalogue of heroes is nearly complete (i am only missing Garahel). I find the other qunari you have much more reliable. Play around with them and see which you prefer. Hissera's strength is her negative stun aura and her ability to power up (dmg converted to power) but usually she never makes it to 2nd round.. at least in PVP.. in nexus maps maybe she is okay. I think your Qunari team can get you further through some of the nexus maps.

I actually would reverse it.. and put Naishe and Saarebas up front.. and Viddasla and Ketojan back row. I think Naishe could use the extra health from front row and Sarebas is decently tanky. Ketojan doesn't fit as well in the group but I chose him since I like his reliablity. Viddasala has beneficial auras.. fires off quick round and I favor her over Hissera since she is a row hitter. Attack all hitters can be detrimental and proc drain from enemies (such as Hakkonite Archer). Hakkonite archer is great initially to get you going but her long term value decreases for me. Viddasala on the other hand when well forted in power can be pretty good. I have always liked her. This is all based on what you have currently. As you develop and acquire more heroes you will replace some of these heroes of course. And of course it's all preferences.. you can choose Tallis if you like but I just recommended based on what I would do with what you have.

For a viable mage team.. I would look for elves or ferelden or seekers... inquistion.

I have 3 Hissera built up.. 2 of which are fully mythic forted... and Hakkonite archer.. i made 1 mythic.. with mythic power forts.. the other 2 are T4 leg forts.. and only legendary. I have a 4th Hakkonite archer which I decided to fort away. Both are not amazing to me.. there are better attack all quick round heroes out there. Build em and use em for now if you like.. I just don't like their long term value myself.

Large Creatures can be gotten from Guantlet Origins.. or yellow key Giants Nexus. THere is also the Nature nexus but that just passed. ANother way is to farm gold and buy Soldier packs alot. Or fight for one in PVP.

Good luck~! and ask away if you have more questions~!

Last edited by Therealpill Cosby; 02-04-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Hello!

Thank you again for your answers! I really don't wanna annoy you guys but I went with the demons now, could you give me some advice for equipment too please? Some of the Heroes already have some stuff equipped (please dont judge me for those, did that months before asking here..)
            Anyway, I have:
            Mythic: Paragon Leg Bracers (? Not sure how to translate those, they make you attack the back row more), Orb of Obliteration (from the new event), Ornate Kirkwall Shield, 3x Alchemic Mixture

Legendary: Spellbook of the Elder One, Stroud's Shield, Skywatcher's Cleaver, Staff of the Leading Warden, 3x Mace of the Honorable Protector, Mageslayer, Staff of the Grand Enchanter, Fadesplitter (? Sword that does 10% against blue, +5 when eq by a templar), 2x Cobra Crown, Bloodline

Epic: 2x Warm Orb, Many Warden Tower Shields, Many Tacitus' Mace, 2x Ancient Warden Crossbow, some Stuff that goes only on templars and isnt important right now.
            Additionally there is some yellow stuff, staff of corruption, Earnests Rage, memory medaillon would probably the most noteworthy. Anyway, my team currently has equipped..

Xenon: Stroud's Shield, Wedge of Destiny, 2 Free slots
            Gurd: Heritage (thats the english name I think, epic +8% strength mace), Mace of the Barbarian Lord, Strouds Shield, Dawn
            Lord Woolsey: Nothing, 4 free slots
            Kitty: also 4 Free slots.

Is any of my stuff worth equipping to them? I dont want to waste them either, since I cant remove them. Thanks again for reading and your advice in advance!

Kind Regards,

Cass

Comment

Hello!

Thank you again for your answers! I really don't wanna annoy you guys but I went with the demons now, could you give me some advice for equipment too please? Some of the Heroes already have some stuff equipped (please dont judge me for those, did that months before asking here..)

Cass
              It's all good my friend, ask away~!
              Nobody is annoyed.. I can be pretty blunt sometimes.. maybe it comes across rough through text.

To help you I would try using the website http://www.hodacodex.com/en/
              It lists all the gears and heroes in different languages.. hopefully one of the languages is yours but you can check the english naming there.

Xenon- go for gears that share benefits to allies.. the 2 you picked are fine.
              For Kitty - Orb of Destruction is a good idea. Generally I gear Kitty with high dmg and crit gears.

Generally whenever i play a new game that involves PVP i usually check other player's setups and gears to get an idea. The ones I see most common I usually copy. But you can also experiment for yourself. Gears lower than legendary drop often enough so you can worry less about the risk with lower rarity.

Comment

Hello HoDA Community!

I've been playing this game for quite a while now (a few months, honestly) but I really feel like my team comp is kind of... lackluster. I'm still not able to do the highest difficulty in any event and get really terrible results concerning PvP, never going past the top 8k, albeit having a (in my limited sight of things) optimized and synergetic legendary/mythic team. I know its a lot to read and its probably quite much to ask, coming from a new member, but can an experienced player (or players..) suggest me the best possible team comps for the heroes I own? I'll list them below, I don't own that many. Also please excuse any screwed up names, since english isn't my native language and neither is my game english.

3* : Advisor Cullen, Revenant Gurd, Xenon the Antiquary
                2* : Dragon Flemeth, Beast of the Tellari Swamps, Paragon Caridin, Gordian, Naishe, Ketojan, Commander Clarel, Warden Genevieve, Spirit Champion, Cilian
                1* : Vengeance Anders, Morrigan (Twice), Tallis, Hissera, Spirit of Hope, Spirit of Justinia, Rion, Demon of Despair, Sky Watcher, Lord Woolsey, Prof Bram Kenric, Krem, Ser Berlinda Darrow, Hakkonite-Archeress, Paragon Branka, Ritts, Shianni, Kitty, Commander Duncan, Saarebas, Viddasala, Grey Warden Sigrun, Ser Stroud, King Alistair, Red Lyrium Meredith, Librarian, Leopold, Snug the Bronto, Aspect of the Nightmare, Harvester Orsino, High Dragon and Every version of Shale.

At this point thanks for reading through all this. I really know nothing about the theoretic aspects of battle (for example whether a "split team" as in lets say gurd, the hakkonite archer and 2 mages are viable). I've quite a bunch of legendary equips laying around, since I was too scared to equip them to anyone except my team to not waste them...
                Current team setup is Gordian & Morrigan (Mythic, yea I know, but she was my best character for the first weeks..) in the front row, Beast of the Tellari Swamps (Mythic) and Vengeance Anders in the Back. Giant is Dragon Flemeth. For any Advice or even better one or multiple viable team comps for different situations I'd be really thankful!

Kind regards

Cass

Howdy Cass,

If you haven't already i would look into joining a guild like OG, OL, F2P, etc... there are quite a number of larger guilds that can give you really solid advice on how to build teams and gear them efficiently. Look in the top 50 guilds and apply to one. Most use alternate apps to chat that are a lot more efficient than the forums. And not trying to say don't use forum to ask for help at all. Forum is just a little more difficult to use and you won't get advice as quickly as you could in an alternate setting. You have a very solid base of toons and could go a long way with the right team. If you are already getting 8k in pvp events you are clearly doing something right. :-)

Also... Cosby taught me pretty much everything when i started so you are in good hands with his advice.

Cheers,

Taco Shooter

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                1 of 2 < >

EA is retiring Heroes of Dragon Age on Facebook

We are retiring Heroes of Dragon Age on browser platforms through Facebook on May 15, 2018.

Hello Heroes!

On Monday, February 12, 2018, EA will be retiring Heroes of Dragon Age (HoDA) on Facebook. Starting Tuesday, May 15, 2018, HoDA will no longer be available to play through browsers using Facebook. You may continue to access your account through Facebook Connect by installing the game on a mobile iOS or Android device. The purchase of in-game currency (Gems) will no longer be available on Facebook as of Monday, February 12, 2018, however Gems that have been purchased or earned may still be spent until the access to the game has been disabled.

We appreciate your support, and look forward to your battles on mobile platforms!

Thanks for playing!

The Heroes of Dragon Age team
                2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules and Disciplinary Actions

These rules set boundaries to ensure that the EA Capital Games games and forums continue to be a friendly place where members can learn and share information on a variety of computing and non-computing topics. Heroes of Dragon Age and its forums are available to players 13 and older, refrain from excessive cursing/swearing. For more information, please see this link.

By accessing the EA Capital Games applications, users agree to accept that game administrators and moderators may remove any content submitted by a player as defined below. Users agree to EA Terms of Service as well. Misrepresenting oneself to engage in illegal activity will be immediately reported to EA for legal action.

Even though these are forums to allow free expression of ideas, there are other (real) people involved and one should respect their opinions and questions as ORIGINALLY POSTED IN THE TOPIC HEADINGS. Moderators are here to uphold and enforce the Terms of Service. Freedom to express your ideas, concerns, suggestions, and feedback, does not allow you the freedom of saying anything you want when you agree to the Terms of Service.

Unless otherwise stated, courses of action will be as follows:

1. First Offense - Warning
                2. Second Offense - 3 day ban
                3. Third Offense - 1 week ban
                4. Fourth Offense - Permanent ban

If you have received a Permanent ban, this will extend to all future accounts created. If you are discovered to create a new account, it will also be banned.

What is not permitted in the discussion forum:

Advertising
                Advertising or soliciting other members to buy, sell, or peruse any products or services including other applications or accounts, along with chain letters and junk mail.

Topics/posts that contain this will be both edited and closed or deleted, and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning.

Hatred
                Racism, bigotry, misogyny, hate speech, discrimination against any race, sexual preference, gender, or religion will not be tolerated.

All topics/posts will be deleted. Death threats, even joking, will be deleted and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning, with further review from the Sr Moderator.

Flaming
                Flaming includes material that is knowingly defamatory, illegal, abusive, threatening or harassing.

As with anything, you, as a member, should use good common sense when posting. In other words, you agree not to be a jerk. Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted at the moderators’ will.

Flaming or bashing of EA/CG, the devs, or the mods is not allowed. All posts/threads will be deleted.

Right to Privacy
                You will not violate a person's privacy by publishing against another members will, information that is private and personal. Nor will you post private communication between EA Capital Games Support, other forum members, moderators, community managers, administrators, EA Capital Games employees, or partners of EA Capital Games on these forums or anywhere else.

Unless expressly endorsed by EA Capital Games, publicizing any correspondence of a private nature such as support tickets, email, Private Messages (PM) or chat logs thereof by any medium is NOT permitted.

Discussing or posting of another players spending habits will be deleted.

Spamming
                Obvious spam (repetitive nonsense posts) will result in the poster permanently banned and all posts deleted.

Porn
                Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene is not permitted on these forums.

Topics/posts containing such will be deleted on sight. Forum poster will be permanently banned from the forums.

Warez
                Providing or asking for information regarding the illegal downloading of "warez", "gamez" or any other software protected by copyright.

Future Events/Promotions
                Any posts or threads revealing future events or promotions that were not disclosed by the Capital Games team will be deleted.

Cross-posting
                Posting the same question in more than one forum is not allowed. Should this occur, then only the thread in the most relevant forum will be left open; all others will be locked/closed and subsequently deleted.

Cheating
                The use of any exploits or known bugs or editing of files in order to gain an unfair advantage while playing, will result in a permanent game and forum ban.

Accusing another player of cheating will result in your post/thread being deleted and a message sent to you, stating to refrain from further accusations. If continued accusations occur, a forum ban will result. If you believe a player to be cheating, send a PM to the Community Manager with as much detail as possible.

Please privately contact the Community Manager in order to submit an inquiry regarding this behavior.

Off-Topic Posting
                Taking over a thread by posting excessively off-topic is not allowed. Off-Topic posts and any responses will be moved to their own, new thread if possible, or else deleted.

Political Posting
                Because political beliefs, like religion, are a personal and sensitive topic, avoid posting about politics on the forums.

Customer Support Inquiries
                All inquiries regarding Customer Support should be routed through the online web portal for support. The Community Manager and Moderators are unable to assist with inquiries regarding support tickets. Posting your ticket number and requesting assistance on the forums will result in the post being deleted. Sending a Private Message to the Community Manager or Moderators about CSR Inquiries is not to be tolerated, and will be ignored.

Additionally, all interactions with Customer Support are considered confidential, and all issues are handled on a case-by-case basis. As such, posts containing transcripts or results of your interactions with Customer Support will be edited or deleted.

Violation of these terms is grounds for removal from EA Capital Games games and a report to Facebook.

What should I do if I see objectionable material on the forums?
                It is important that members recognize the real-time nature of this forum: the moderators cannot always monitor the contents of posted messages, and as such depend upon you to inform them when participants or their messages are violating our policy as stated here. You must also recognize that they cannot respond immediately to such notices and that some time may pass before any warranted action is taken.

To contact a moderator, please use the Flag Post function on the post represented by a flag:

What happens if I break the rules?
                At best, your post will be edited by one of the moderators and you will be issued a warning. If the offense is more serious your post will be deleted. Posting "why was my post edited/deleted?" etc. will only make matters worse, so please don't. If a moderator has not sent you a message stating why, please send the Sr Moderator a message asking for a reason.

Should you have already been issued warnings and continue to break the rules, you will be issued an infraction - your posting privileges will be disabled for three days, but you will still be able to view the forums as a guest.

For persistent and deliberate rule-breakers your account will be "Banned". That means you are no longer welcome on these forums and/or games and your account will no longer function in them. If you re-register, your new account will be banned as well.

Posting Suggestions
                In the attempt to create a compromise where everyone is happy, the following suggestions are also recommended:

1. Be civil and courteous. This forum is visited by people from all over the world, of different ages, genders, religions, and backgrounds, and are each entitled to their own opinion.
                Also, see Flaming, Right to Privacy, and Hatred.

2. Make sure that your message topics fit the topic description of the forum in which you are posting. This is for your own benefit - for example, a question regarding a bug or problem should be posted in the Feedback section.

3. Use the search function before posting, particularly if the question is problem oriented. Most technical questions have been answered before, and solutions are freely available.

4. Make sure that you have followed #3 before posting

5. Read the sticky threads at the top of each forum - they are there for a reason, and generally contain information relevant to the forum.

6. Don't quote the entire message that you're responding to, only the pertinent passage. This makes it easier to read for other users.

7. If you find it easier to express yourself en français, auf Deutsch, en español, in Nederlands, in Italiano, or any other language, post in the International Discussion forum. Hopefully someone who speaks the same language as you will be able to assist you. All posts in other sections (non-International) of the forums must be in English, so please make use of Google Translate if you need assistance with translation. Posting in English will allow the widest range of people to assist you.

In addition to the Forum Rules, you are bound to the general EA Terms of Service both on these forums and in the game. Links to the TOS are as follows:

EA TOS English
                EA TOS French
                EA TOS German
                EA TOS Russian
                EA TOS Spanish
                See more
                See less
                Working...
                X