• Show
Clear All

• Mythic forting

Hi Community!

Im currently running a setup of :

FR - SoF/Evangeline
    BR - GotS/VV
    LC - Gurn

Ive found it really useful, and am wondering about mythic forting. Im not sure wether to bang in mythic forts in all slots or just specifics. For instance, atm ive got SoF with all T4 Mythic forts in health, but ive left her power slots at T1 leg. Her heal is impressive anyway, and is really a punching bag for the others, since on death she heals massively, and all others gain power on hit/death anyway.

I plan on fully forting evangeline and GotS. But again, what about VV? His Hp gain isnt huge from mythic forts, so would you just power him up and leave it at that?

Gurn is fully Mythic forted in HP but ive got to wait for more for power

The above forts would have to wait until i got more mythic wisps anyway, but my question is would you fully fort all, or not? With all the other good heros about i dont want to waste them if its not valuable enough for these heros. It is a surprisingly efficent squad though

Thanks for any help given guys!
    LCs - BM/Leo/Hyb/QotBM/HD/TGO HO all T4

Welcome back! I actually would myth fort everything you have here. Eventually, you won't use them in the same team, but each is a piece of an excellent team (ex GotS in a spirit team, etc). These have a place in some of the mid/upper teams still in PG as well so these plus a little support could start scoreing you some gems there weekly. As a priority, fort power first in your quicks, health in your slows (gurn), come back later to catch the rest. On someone like VV in a full quick team, myth forting probably isn't worth it. Hope that helps, reach out any time with questions!
    Guild: Top F2P
    Team: Top F2P (please apply to "Top F2P Epic" to join any of our teams)
    Our Vision: We Are The Proud House of the Most Dedicated

Ally: 716-545-692
    Click Here for our Guild Hall
    Apply Today!

Comment

Odesius Thanks for the quick reply. Im slowly gathering heros from the nexus events, but seem to have very poor luck in both iron packs and blood packs. Im short of spirit Champion for the spirit team, i do have a pretty effective quick team, or multiple of, and do have other heros they go well with. But ive found this strangely effetive for some reason, except against the newwer ferelden teams and anything with Xenon (who id give my right testicle for)!

Ive asked in the Guild part of the forum about the Proving Grounds, as i dont really get that yet. It seems to be you either do the events OR the proving grounds, or ofc refill, and i do have the teams to get at least top500 in the majority of them. With a lot lately having some of the newer heros as prizes ive mostly been hitting them.

Are PG's a guild thing? as in the more guildmates play, the better chances of greater rewards? My current guild isnt active at all, and since ive only been doing events and nexus until now, ive not really looked into it.

Thanks again for the above info. just power on gurn and a few health on VV to go then. It was SoF i was more bothered about, since her heal is massive anyway. So it was prob 4 full in her power, or head across to APS and Mythic fort him a little bit

Comment

Yes, SC I s certainly a cornerstone of a spirit team, 2x even better. Do build your SoF as she has lots of uses everywhere, even after all this time. I myth fort her health, t4 leg power as she will gain when built/used properly.

Proving grounds is different from guilds/guild wars. I dropped you a PM here with a bit more explanation so won't duplicate that here. If that doesn't answer completely, let me know. Bottom line is both PG and PvP events take stamina, but it is very possible, and worth it, to do both. I do recommend finding an active guild can can help you with that, more info in my PM on that as well since I happen to run a very large F2P guild family.

Hope that helps, reach out if you need any further info.
        Guild: Top F2P
        Team: Top F2P (please apply to "Top F2P Epic" to join any of our teams)
        Our Vision: We Are The Proud House of the Most Dedicated

Ally: 716-545-692
        Click Here for our Guild Hall
        Apply Today!

Comment

Thanks again Odesius ill check pm and get back to you. Very much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by griph View Post
            Hi Community!

I plan on fully forting evangeline and GotS. But again, what about VV? His Hp gain isnt huge from mythic forts, so would you just power him up and leave it at that?

Gurn is fully Mythic forted in HP but ive got to wait for more for power

The above forts would have to wait until i got more mythic wisps anyway, but my question is would you fully fort all, or not? With all the other good heros about i dont want to waste them if its not valuable enough for these heros.
            Good questions Griph~!
            There are a variety of ways to answer you.. and from my perspective I generally mythic fort heroes I find that I use a lot throughout events. And I fully mythic fortify heroes I believe are top caliber heroes.

All the ones you named I have fully mythic forted in all slots.
            There are general guidelines some players use for instance with quick heroes, generally most players will mythic fort power slots.. but leave health to something less.. maybe T4 leg or T1 leg forts.
            Slow round heroes generally are best forting Health first.
            But these are general guidelines.

Get yourself into a more active guild that can provide the feedback you are needing which will help you much more of course.
            As you develop your heroes you will have more options open up. So as Odesius pointed out that certain heroes are practically essential to those groups.. SC being of Spirits.
            Eva can fill in Templars, Orlesian and Inquisition. VV matches well with Nobility groups, and dwarven and outlaws.

When events go by week to week you want to have well developed heroes for each grouping. Enough to have 5 to 10 hero options for each group.. eventually of course.
            So this should help you determine who you will invest more into and whether in certain groups you will have better options to use or not.

In regards to Proving Grounds-- Proving Grounds is similar to Guild Wars in the sense that you are testing your best squads against everyone else. The difference being PG is individual whereas GW is with your guild. Proving Grounds rewards are gems and essentially more lucrative then PVP events and it is where you will face the strongest players in the game. The strategies will differ quite a bit as well. Duplicate heroes is practically a neccessity to going for top ranks in PG. For many players just ranking in Top 1k or top 500 is good since they will clear a tidy gem profit. But for other players who wish to test their mettle they will go top 100 or better.

... and then there's PALA (you know.. that lil warrior dwarf).

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys. I do have multiple heros for each of the groups atm, just new to mythic forting. Wanted to see where the community lies as far as completely forting power in someone like SoF in a power up squad.

Seems the consesus lies in fully forting SoF regardless so im on with it. Seems the flow of mythic wisps is pretty generous from the nexus events as well which is nice.

Problem solved, thanks all for the replies and inboxed messages. Appreciate the help

Comment

Hi grip, welcome!

You have pretty good heroes, I also combine them in a different way.
                I usually combine Eva/Sof/GotS with Spirit Champion, Cole and Malvernis Dragon or Hivernal.
                It depends if you are f2p or not, if you are f2p it is better to fort your best mages, warriors, LCs health with mythics and power with T4 legs and save mythics for other heroes, they aren't easy to get.
                And your rogues attack with mythics and health with T4 leg only.
                I have my Sof health T4 mythic and health T4 leg, you are right, Sof healing is very important.
                I would fort GoTS and VV T4 mythic attack and T4 leg health, you can mythic fort their health if you want, but rogues health isn't so important and you can save your wisps for better heroes.
                You did well forting Gurn health, it isn't necessary to fort gurn's attack with mythics with T4 legs is enough, LC mythic wisps are difficult to obtain and it is important to save them.
                I would not fort Eva with mythics, only T4 leg, there are pretty good heroes, I think it is better to wait for Cole or SC to complete your spirit squad.
                About PG and GW.
                At PG you need a meta team well forted and tiered with the best hear to compete, the best squads for PG are demons and Bartrand teams, if you want to end in a good position you need several kittys or Bartrands.
                At GW it isn't necessary to have a meta squad to compete and it is a workteam, all the guild has to do the same amount of banners to end in a good place,
                but you need to have a wide range of heroes, because depending on the GW, bonuses go to a different faction and you need to be ready several squads of each faction.
                PG rewards are much better than GW ones usually if you aren't in a top 10 guild, but you have a lot of fun playing GW.

Comment

Grey Warden

Im missing the main portion of the spirit teams atm, so while i have Cole, GotS, SoF etc, im missing Sprit Champion, who seems to be the most important part of spirit teams who are doing well atm. Although im just returning, I had played for a very long time, aquiring 99% of available heros before i took my break. So missing 130 shows how long ive been away!

Ive tried slotting other heros into VV spot in the above team, Including Cole, but none i have seem to work anywhere near as efficient or well. While the Team doesnt stand up well to recent Ferelden teams, it does well against The majority, Including some of the demon teams with Kitty/Gib Horror. Having SoF with Heartwood shield, next to evangeline, with GotS at back means (usually) GotS takes out 1-2 heros, VV stuns/slows 1 uipwards. GotS Stops most quick hitters targetting the back row, and any column hitters usually dont hurt much. The idea is to have even just VV survive to R2 and go super nuke. With all the other 3 powering him up, and taking most of the damage, Either Gurn nukes at end of R1, or VV nukes beginning of round 2.

I know explaining it wasnt needed, as most will know the heros. It surprised me how well it worked, and has seen me (even before Mythic forting anyone) completing almost all the past 2 months worth of Nexus events on Ludicrous without any wobbles or near misses. Perhaps RNG is simply being kind to me, although i avoid teams with Xenon like the plague. Havent found a counter to that yet! Even with 135% drain resist i seem to get reduced to wet paper bag hitting!

Is it the best team, absokutely not. But a very surprisingly good all-rounder!

Thanks for all input guys. I thought Mythic wisps wouldnt be as free flowing as they have been and was worried about forting someone and being stuck with mistakes. But after your help, and playing around with a mixture of teams, all 5 of the heros i mentioned fit well into lots of teams i have, and can definitely say ive not regretted Mythic forting any of them. But im DEFINITELY glas i chose to Myth Fort GotS first above Cole. The Stealth hits and power up given have made a huge difference overall

Comment

Grey Warden

Im missing the main portion of the spirit teams atm, so while i have Cole, GotS, SoF etc, im missing Sprit Champion, who seems to be the most important part of spirit teams who are doing well atm. Although im just returning, I had played for a very long time, aquiring 99% of available heros before i took my break. So missing 130 shows how long ive been away!

Ive tried slotting other heros into VV spot in the above team, Including Cole, but none i have seem to work anywhere near as efficient or well. While the Team doesnt stand up well to recent Ferelden teams, it does well against The majority, Including some of the demon teams with Kitty/Gib Horror. Having SoF with Heartwood shield, next to evangeline, with GotS at back means (usually) GotS takes out 1-2 heros, VV stuns/slows 1 uipwards. GotS Stops most quick hitters targetting the back row, and any column hitters usually dont hurt much. The idea is to have even just VV survive to R2 and go super nuke. With all the other 3 powering him up, and taking most of the damage, Either Gurn nukes at end of R1, or VV nukes beginning of round 2.

I know explaining it wasnt needed, as most will know the heros. It surprised me how well it worked, and has seen me (even before Mythic forting anyone) completing almost all the past 2 months worth of Nexus events on Ludicrous without any wobbles or near misses. Perhaps RNG is simply being kind to me, although i avoid teams with Xenon like the plague. Havent found a counter to that yet! Even with 135% drain resist i seem to get reduced to wet paper bag hitting!

Is it the best team, absokutely not. But a very surprisingly good all-rounder!

Thanks for all input guys. I thought Mythic wisps wouldnt be as free flowing as they have been and was worried about forting someone and being stuck with mistakes. But after your help, and playing around with a mixture of teams, all 5 of the heros i mentioned fit well into lots of teams i have, and can definitely say ive not regretted Mythic forting any of them. But im DEFINITELY glas i chose to Myth Fort GotS first above Cole. The Stealth hits and power up given have made a huge difference overall

Don't worry, you will get Sof or Cole, soon opening BP, I would try to get so many as you can to get a better team.
                    I don't know if it is more important to have SC than GoTS dupes, they work pretty well and are very dangerous, you can also combine GotS with Cole.
                    And 2 SC 2 Sof team is a great squad too if you can get 2 of them.
                    I think these are the best spirit setups.
                    RJS, Sha Brytols, Bianca and Hakkonite Archer, work pretty good with VV too if you don't have dupes, I prefer Cole in a spirit squad with GotS and if you want that your rogue squad work better, you need to add a power gainer in your squad as LSC, Yavanna or AGH.
                    To destroy demons the best way is with multi attacker rogues or a KC, Xenon, banner squad with high DR, but the result is 50/50 most of times.
                    I would try to get RJS opening BP and other good rogues to improve your rogue squad.
                    Cool RNG is nice with you, usually don't treat well my account
                    To destroy Xenons and Dorians you need a good demon squad with several kittys or a GotS team and sometimes you need to use power runes if they have high DR, but you are right that most of times the result is at random and depends on your gear and forts.
                    Maybe with better gear and fort your result will be better.
                    I think you team is quite good, you are right it could be better, but I think they work pretty well.
                    Don't worry about using mythics, they are not so difficult to get nowadays and all the weeks you can get a mythic wisp and a tome climbing the leaderboard, but I would keep my giant mythic wisps for Hivernal, Great Dragon or POC, they are more difficult to get. Besides, you always can remove your forts if you need, but you have to pay gems.
                    Be careful with mythic and leg gear, it is difficult to get and you can't remove it, only add it to your best toons as VV or GotS.
                    You are welcome.

Good luck!

Comment

Grey Warden

Ive tried slotting other heros into VV spot in the above team, Including Cole, but none i have seem to work anywhere near as efficient or well.

Cole is very good actually. His auras also are shared to red faction heroes, and he essentially is like a hero + gear piece as no gear piece exists to give 10% crit chance increase to allies. Not to mention he is one of the few heroes to grant stun immunity (for Inquisition allies). You would need the Red Lyrium Idol to make Cole stealth. Although his attacks are subject to RNG.

For tackling Xenon and drain teams it helps to have stealth heroes such as Kitty... but I can share a list here which is really just using the existing filters on Hodacodex.com.

www.hodacodex.com?heroes=5jOYEg

If you go to hodacodex.com and select the gear box in the center top of the page and select "Share..." copy and paste that link it will import the list of heroes from that list. Then on the "hero list" drop down select that list to show all the heroes in it.

THose are the heroes that are drain immune. You could try for those heroes in the future and create groups around them to help out. Though top players are mostly employing stealth heroes and Ferelden to combat Xenon teams.
                      ... and then there's PALA (you know.. that lil warrior dwarf).

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules and Disciplinary Actions

These rules set boundaries to ensure that the EA Capital Games games and forums continue to be a friendly place where members can learn and share information on a variety of computing and non-computing topics. Heroes of Dragon Age and its forums are available to players 13 and older, refrain from excessive cursing/swearing. For more information, please see this link.

By accessing the EA Capital Games applications, users agree to accept that game administrators and moderators may remove any content submitted by a player as defined below. Users agree to EA Terms of Service as well. Misrepresenting oneself to engage in illegal activity will be immediately reported to EA for legal action.

Even though these are forums to allow free expression of ideas, there are other (real) people involved and one should respect their opinions and questions as ORIGINALLY POSTED IN THE TOPIC HEADINGS. Moderators are here to uphold and enforce the Terms of Service. Freedom to express your ideas, concerns, suggestions, and feedback, does not allow you the freedom of saying anything you want when you agree to the Terms of Service.

Unless otherwise stated, courses of action will be as follows:

1. First Offense - Warning
                      2. Second Offense - 3 day ban
                      3. Third Offense - 1 week ban
                      4. Fourth Offense - Permanent ban

If you have received a Permanent ban, this will extend to all future accounts created. If you are discovered to create a new account, it will also be banned.

What is not permitted in the discussion forum:

Advertising
                      Advertising or soliciting other members to buy, sell, or peruse any products or services including other applications or accounts, along with chain letters and junk mail.

Topics/posts that contain this will be both edited and closed or deleted, and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning.

Hatred
                      Racism, bigotry, misogyny, hate speech, discrimination against any race, sexual preference, gender, or religion will not be tolerated.

All topics/posts will be deleted. Death threats, even joking, will be deleted and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning, with further review from the Sr Moderator.

Flaming
                      Flaming includes material that is knowingly defamatory, illegal, abusive, threatening or harassing.

As with anything, you, as a member, should use good common sense when posting. In other words, you agree not to be a jerk. Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted at the moderators’ will.

Flaming or bashing of EA/CG, the devs, or the mods is not allowed. All posts/threads will be deleted.

Right to Privacy
                      You will not violate a person's privacy by publishing against another members will, information that is private and personal. Nor will you post private communication between EA Capital Games Support, other forum members, moderators, community managers, administrators, EA Capital Games employees, or partners of EA Capital Games on these forums or anywhere else.

Unless expressly endorsed by EA Capital Games, publicizing any correspondence of a private nature such as support tickets, email, Private Messages (PM) or chat logs thereof by any medium is NOT permitted.

Discussing or posting of another players spending habits will be deleted.

Spamming
                      Obvious spam (repetitive nonsense posts) will result in the poster permanently banned and all posts deleted.

Porn
                      Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene is not permitted on these forums.

Topics/posts containing such will be deleted on sight. Forum poster will be permanently banned from the forums.

Warez
                      Providing or asking for information regarding the illegal downloading of "warez", "gamez" or any other software protected by copyright.

Future Events/Promotions
                      Any posts or threads revealing future events or promotions that were not disclosed by the Capital Games team will be deleted.

Cross-posting
                      Posting the same question in more than one forum is not allowed. Should this occur, then only the thread in the most relevant forum will be left open; all others will be locked/closed and subsequently deleted.

Cheating
                      The use of any exploits or known bugs or editing of files in order to gain an unfair advantage while playing, will result in a permanent game and forum ban.

Accusing another player of cheating will result in your post/thread being deleted and a message sent to you, stating to refrain from further accusations. If continued accusations occur, a forum ban will result. If you believe a player to be cheating, send a PM to the Community Manager with as much detail as possible.

Please privately contact the Community Manager in order to submit an inquiry regarding this behavior.

Off-Topic Posting
                      Taking over a thread by posting excessively off-topic is not allowed. Off-Topic posts and any responses will be moved to their own, new thread if possible, or else deleted.

Political Posting
                      Because political beliefs, like religion, are a personal and sensitive topic, avoid posting about politics on the forums.

Customer Support Inquiries
                      All inquiries regarding Customer Support should be routed through the online web portal for support. The Community Manager and Moderators are unable to assist with inquiries regarding support tickets. Posting your ticket number and requesting assistance on the forums will result in the post being deleted. Sending a Private Message to the Community Manager or Moderators about CSR Inquiries is not to be tolerated, and will be ignored.

Additionally, all interactions with Customer Support are considered confidential, and all issues are handled on a case-by-case basis. As such, posts containing transcripts or results of your interactions with Customer Support will be edited or deleted.

Violation of these terms is grounds for removal from EA Capital Games games and a report to Facebook.

What should I do if I see objectionable material on the forums?
                      It is important that members recognize the real-time nature of this forum: the moderators cannot always monitor the contents of posted messages, and as such depend upon you to inform them when participants or their messages are violating our policy as stated here. You must also recognize that they cannot respond immediately to such notices and that some time may pass before any warranted action is taken.

To contact a moderator, please use the Flag Post function on the post represented by a flag:

What happens if I break the rules?
                      At best, your post will be edited by one of the moderators and you will be issued a warning. If the offense is more serious your post will be deleted. Posting "why was my post edited/deleted?" etc. will only make matters worse, so please don't. If a moderator has not sent you a message stating why, please send the Sr Moderator a message asking for a reason.

Should you have already been issued warnings and continue to break the rules, you will be issued an infraction - your posting privileges will be disabled for three days, but you will still be able to view the forums as a guest.

For persistent and deliberate rule-breakers your account will be "Banned". That means you are no longer welcome on these forums and/or games and your account will no longer function in them. If you re-register, your new account will be banned as well.

Posting Suggestions
                      In the attempt to create a compromise where everyone is happy, the following suggestions are also recommended:

1. Be civil and courteous. This forum is visited by people from all over the world, of different ages, genders, religions, and backgrounds, and are each entitled to their own opinion.
                      Also, see Flaming, Right to Privacy, and Hatred.

2. Make sure that your message topics fit the topic description of the forum in which you are posting. This is for your own benefit - for example, a question regarding a bug or problem should be posted in the Feedback section.

3. Use the search function before posting, particularly if the question is problem oriented. Most technical questions have been answered before, and solutions are freely available.

4. Make sure that you have followed #3 before posting

5. Read the sticky threads at the top of each forum - they are there for a reason, and generally contain information relevant to the forum.

6. Don't quote the entire message that you're responding to, only the pertinent passage. This makes it easier to read for other users.

7. If you find it easier to express yourself en français, auf Deutsch, en español, in Nederlands, in Italiano, or any other language, post in the International Discussion forum. Hopefully someone who speaks the same language as you will be able to assist you. All posts in other sections (non-International) of the forums must be in English, so please make use of Google Translate if you need assistance with translation. Posting in English will allow the widest range of people to assist you.

In addition to the Forum Rules, you are bound to the general EA Terms of Service both on these forums and in the game. Links to the TOS are as follows:

EA TOS English
                      EA TOS French
                      EA TOS German
                      EA TOS Russian
                      EA TOS Spanish
                      See more
                      See less
                      Working...
                      X