Hard counter against Ferelden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Heal and Harm |VK| View Post
    Frankly, they can have emeralds, so they also drain your team to 0..
    How exactly does this work? I know they can drain an absolute ton - I've seen it happen - but I can't figure out why. It's just a 2% drain, how does it stack up so fast?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by centerflag982 View Post

      How exactly does this work? I know they can drain an absolute ton - I've seen it happen - but I can't figure out why. It's just a 2% drain, how does it stack up so fast?

      I'm guessing its the combination of stacking power drain and the damage resistance

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by centerflag982 View Post

        How exactly does this work? I know they can drain an absolute ton - I've seen it happen - but I can't figure out why. It's just a 2% drain, how does it stack up so fast?
        *shrugs... maybe these will help.. i hate math... :

        http://forums.capitalgames.com/forum...ain-resistance
        http://forums.capitalgames.com/forum...07#post2237007
        ... and then there's MARYDEN (the forgotten ONE).

        Comment


        • #19
          Thanks a ton for the in depth explanation Scultura. I had an amazing streak of luck when I pulled kitty, POC and Xenon with only 11 cp’s! Woot!! Some 2/3 guarantee was at play on xenon if I remember correctly. But I’m not complaining

          I have 3 emeralds to work with and all of the listed items. I think that’ll do To kick start my draining dream.
          Ally Code - 813-748-113

          Excel sheet of legs
          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by iluvvanessa View Post
            Thanks a ton for the in depth explanation Scultura. I had an amazing streak of luck when I pulled kitty, POC and Xenon with only 11 cp’s! Woot!! Some 2/3 guarantee was at play on xenon if I remember correctly. But I’m not complaining

            I have 3 emeralds to work with and all of the listed items. I think that’ll do To kick start my draining dream.
            Your welcome and congrats on the great drops.

            You can get more Emeralds & other Gear from the Gear Packs using your gold. The "Vestements of the Dragon Hunter" gear is better than the Emeralds as it also gives a power buff to Mages, but is a lot harder to get.

            It can be a fun team to use watching the 3rd VV or Fen etc hit you for 10 damage

            Comment


            • #21
              Guys! Try 2 TEO, 2 Tevinter Banners, GD/Dragon of TEO?
              IGN: VK Admin AC: 349216687
              Social network admin https://vk.com/h_o_d_a

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Heal and Harm |VK| View Post
                Guys! Try 2 TEO, 2 Tevinter Banners, GD/Dragon of TEO?
                I already posted about this team in post "12" above although I didn't do it with Great Dragon .

                Comment


                • #23
                  you can also fight fire with fire. I find two staggered BMs with F Banner in back and Xenon up front almost always beat a KC, ATG, Arcane, setup. And the kicker? it will rip apart a dupe TEO/ T Banner squad as well.
                  Ally Code: 691-997-272

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Bjorn Ragnarok View Post
                    you can also fight fire with fire. I find two staggered BMs with F Banner in back and Xenon up front almost always beat a KC, ATG, Arcane, setup. And the kicker? it will rip apart a dupe TEO/ T Banner squad as well.
                    That works really well, thanks. You should do more posts about your teams as you are really good at coming up with solutions .

                    I used that as inspiration to revise the 2x TEO + T-Banner team by taking out a TEO and putting Xenon and using Great Dragon. It seems to work very well against all the Ferelden AoE teams with either Great Dragon or Druffalo. A team with 2 Arcanes, King Cal, F Banner & Great Dragon killed every one bar TEO but couldn't kill him. TEO then killed the Defenders, GD & King Cal and totally drained the Hawkes so much they only hit for 2-3,000 in round 2. No guess as to the result . Using the BM Hawkes I found I could loose against similar teams if I lost initiative and they got stunned thanks to the otherside gaining too much power.

                    It also worked against a team with 2 Banners & 1 Arcane despite TEO getting stun-locked until the end of the fight. I still won on countback thanks to TEO's 15million round 1 damage lol.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Scultura View Post

                      That works really well, thanks. You should do more posts about your teams as you are really good at coming up with solutions .

                      I used that as inspiration to revise the 2x TEO + T-Banner team by taking out a TEO and putting Xenon and using Great Dragon. It seems to work very well against all the Ferelden AoE teams with either Great Dragon or Druffalo. A team with 2 Arcanes, King Cal, F Banner & Great Dragon killed every one bar TEO but couldn't kill him. TEO then killed the Defenders, GD & King Cal and totally drained the Hawkes so much they only hit for 2-3,000 in round 2. No guess as to the result . Using the BM Hawkes I found I could loose against similar teams if I lost initiative and they got stunned thanks to the otherside gaining too much power.

                      It also worked against a team with 2 Banners & 1 Arcane despite TEO getting stun-locked until the end of the fight. I still won on countback thanks to TEO's 15million round 1 damage lol.
                      Thanks! I'm glad you got some use out of it. I find the 2 BM/ Banner/ Xenon/ GD setup to be less effective right now vs 2x Arcanes with them getting the extra mage bonus, but otherwise it's usually more successful. It's also my go-to squad for Blighted and anyone hiding between SoF's and Chairs/ banners. It's hard on Blighted to beat a BM squad being they already have so much damage resist and bonus damage vs blighted, initiative, and the new banner....hard TEO counter. :-)
                      Ally Code: 691-997-272

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Bjorn Ragnarok View Post

                        Thanks! I'm glad you got some use out of it. I find the 2 BM/ Banner/ Xenon/ GD setup to be less effective right now vs 2x Arcanes with them getting the extra mage bonus, but otherwise it's usually more successful. It's also my go-to squad for Blighted and anyone hiding between SoF's and Chairs/ banners. It's hard on Blighted to beat a BM squad being they already have so much damage resist and bonus damage vs blighted, initiative, and the new banner....hard TEO counter. :-)
                        I've always liked the BM Hawkes as they make the fights what I would call proper fights. I hate all the fast/normal round kill them before they move mechanics as it's just not interesting.

                        I came across many different teams that they beat while doing the ladder, including one with a poor Blighted Oghren (sorry ), but they did get taken apart by one team with 2x TEO & 2x Tev Banner, care to guess why?.

                        They also struggled against Ferelden teams with the Banner, King Cal and an Arcane as they always lost initiative in round 1, ATG often caused problems as well, especially if their targeting didn't work. The TEO & Xenon team was much better against most Ferelden teams without an ATG or BM Hawke or a 2nd Banner. If TEO was stunned in round 1 it was all over as the other team weren't drained.

                        I wish there was more team discussion in the Forums, but there is very little now as I think most keep in in their guilds.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          It's hard to discuss teams here, because of proving grounds. If I were to list a counter to a known team, it will cost me gems to finish in the top 100/250 because the team I can counter suddenly disappears from the D squad out there. Not to mention all the time and resources I spent coming up with a team, why should somebody else just instantly get the same team with zero effort? The irony is that I really like team discussion and strategy. But I understand why people don't, because it will bite you in the ass if you do, when it comes to proving grounds. And it isn't just proving grounds, it's guild wars as well.

                          The only exception to this, is when the meta team takes over the D Squad, and everyone gets sick of nexting them. Then you will see a discussion here on how to counter it, and a lively on at that.

                          I think we may see this soon with the bart duplicate squads.
                          Last edited by ChickenWings; 12-10-2017, 06:34 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by ChickenWings View Post
                            It's hard to discuss teams here, because of proving grounds. If I were to list a counter to a known team, it will cost me gems to finish in the top 100/250 because the team I can counter suddenly disappears from the D squad out there. Not to mention all the time and resources I spent coming up with a team, why should somebody else just instantly get the same team with zero effort? The irony is that I really like team discussion and strategy. But I understand why people don't, because it will bite you in the ass if you do, when it comes to proving grounds. And it isn't just proving grounds, it's guild wars as well.
                            ...
                            I agree with ya ChickenWings... this just highlights the importance of being a player who tests as much as you can on your own... experimenting... exploring.
                            It also highlights the importance of getting this kind of support from other players via Guilds.. get into a guild and if you are fortunate you will benefit from veteran players willing to mentor you and work with you to better develop your game.

                            That isn't to say that one should feel discouraged from posting on the forums...
                            but players should understand some players are just that competitive and guard their strategies and secrets.
                            ... and then there's MARYDEN (the forgotten ONE).

                            Comment


                            • #29



                              2 Teo, TBanner, Chair, GD
                              2 Teo, TBanner, Alexius, AU

                              Easy come easy go
                              IGN: VK Admin AC: 349216687
                              Social network admin https://vk.com/h_o_d_a

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                as nice as double health runes look on Ferelden, I think it can hurt them a lot. They are easy to power drain, and have nice health and DR without runes, so i find them more effective with power runes, or speed to get the banner out in front. Also, with the Arcane teams, the power gain needs a death sacrifice. I do worse against Ferelden arcane teams with no health runes, because they can die early and hit hard in round 1. Double health runes give me a whole round to drain them so by round 2, even with deaths, their gain is negligible.
                                Ally Code: 691-997-272

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse

                                Forum Rules and Disciplinary Actions

                                These rules set boundaries to ensure that the EA Capital Games games and forums continue to be a friendly place where members can learn and share information on a variety of computing and non-computing topics. Heroes of Dragon Age and its forums are available to players 13 and older, refrain from excessive cursing/swearing. For more information, please see this link.

                                By accessing the EA Capital Games applications, users agree to accept that game administrators and moderators may remove any content submitted by a player as defined below. Users agree to EA Terms of Service as well. Misrepresenting oneself to engage in illegal activity will be immediately reported to EA for legal action.

                                Even though these are forums to allow free expression of ideas, there are other (real) people involved and one should respect their opinions and questions as ORIGINALLY POSTED IN THE TOPIC HEADINGS. Moderators are here to uphold and enforce the Terms of Service. Freedom to express your ideas, concerns, suggestions, and feedback, does not allow you the freedom of saying anything you want when you agree to the Terms of Service.

                                Unless otherwise stated, courses of action will be as follows:

                                1. First Offense - Warning
                                2. Second Offense - 3 day ban
                                3. Third Offense - 1 week ban
                                4. Fourth Offense - Permanent ban


                                If you have received a Permanent ban, this will extend to all future accounts created. If you are discovered to create a new account, it will also be banned.


                                What is not permitted in the discussion forum:

                                Advertising
                                Advertising or soliciting other members to buy, sell, or peruse any products or services including other applications or accounts, along with chain letters and junk mail.

                                Topics/posts that contain this will be both edited and closed or deleted, and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning.


                                Hatred
                                Racism, bigotry, misogyny, hate speech, discrimination against any race, sexual preference, gender, or religion will not be tolerated.

                                All topics/posts will be deleted. Death threats, even joking, will be deleted and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning, with further review from the Sr Moderator.


                                Flaming
                                Flaming includes material that is knowingly defamatory, illegal, abusive, threatening or harassing.

                                As with anything, you, as a member, should use good common sense when posting. In other words, you agree not to be a jerk. Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted at the moderators’ will.

                                Flaming or bashing of EA/CG, the devs, or the mods is not allowed. All posts/threads will be deleted.


                                Right to Privacy
                                You will not violate a person's privacy by publishing against another members will, information that is private and personal. Nor will you post private communication between EA Capital Games Support, other forum members, moderators, community managers, administrators, EA Capital Games employees, or partners of EA Capital Games on these forums or anywhere else.

                                Unless expressly endorsed by EA Capital Games, publicizing any correspondence of a private nature such as support tickets, email, Private Messages (PM) or chat logs thereof by any medium is NOT permitted.

                                Discussing or posting of another players spending habits will be deleted.


                                Spamming
                                Obvious spam (repetitive nonsense posts) will result in the poster permanently banned and all posts deleted.


                                Porn
                                Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene is not permitted on these forums.

                                Topics/posts containing such will be deleted on sight. Forum poster will be permanently banned from the forums.


                                Warez
                                Providing or asking for information regarding the illegal downloading of "warez", "gamez" or any other software protected by copyright.


                                Future Events/Promotions
                                Any posts or threads revealing future events or promotions that were not disclosed by the Capital Games team will be deleted.


                                Cross-posting
                                Posting the same question in more than one forum is not allowed. Should this occur, then only the thread in the most relevant forum will be left open; all others will be locked/closed and subsequently deleted.


                                Cheating
                                The use of any exploits or known bugs or editing of files in order to gain an unfair advantage while playing, will result in a permanent game and forum ban.

                                Accusing another player of cheating will result in your post/thread being deleted and a message sent to you, stating to refrain from further accusations. If continued accusations occur, a forum ban will result. If you believe a player to be cheating, send a PM to the Community Manager with as much detail as possible.

                                Please privately contact the Community Manager in order to submit an inquiry regarding this behavior.


                                Off-Topic Posting
                                Taking over a thread by posting excessively off-topic is not allowed. Off-Topic posts and any responses will be moved to their own, new thread if possible, or else deleted.


                                Political Posting
                                Because political beliefs, like religion, are a personal and sensitive topic, avoid posting about politics on the forums.


                                Customer Support Inquiries
                                All inquiries regarding Customer Support should be routed through the online web portal for support. The Community Manager and Moderators are unable to assist with inquiries regarding support tickets. Posting your ticket number and requesting assistance on the forums will result in the post being deleted. Sending a Private Message to the Community Manager or Moderators about CSR Inquiries is not to be tolerated, and will be ignored.

                                Additionally, all interactions with Customer Support are considered confidential, and all issues are handled on a case-by-case basis. As such, posts containing transcripts or results of your interactions with Customer Support will be edited or deleted.


                                Violation of these terms is grounds for removal from EA Capital Games games and a report to Facebook.


                                What should I do if I see objectionable material on the forums?
                                It is important that members recognize the real-time nature of this forum: the moderators cannot always monitor the contents of posted messages, and as such depend upon you to inform them when participants or their messages are violating our policy as stated here. You must also recognize that they cannot respond immediately to such notices and that some time may pass before any warranted action is taken.

                                To contact a moderator, please use the Flag Post function on the post represented by a flag:


                                What happens if I break the rules?
                                At best, your post will be edited by one of the moderators and you will be issued a warning. If the offense is more serious your post will be deleted. Posting "why was my post edited/deleted?" etc. will only make matters worse, so please don't. If a moderator has not sent you a message stating why, please send the Sr Moderator a message asking for a reason.

                                Should you have already been issued warnings and continue to break the rules, you will be issued an infraction - your posting privileges will be disabled for three days, but you will still be able to view the forums as a guest.

                                For persistent and deliberate rule-breakers your account will be "Banned". That means you are no longer welcome on these forums and/or games and your account will no longer function in them. If you re-register, your new account will be banned as well.

                                Posting Suggestions
                                In the attempt to create a compromise where everyone is happy, the following suggestions are also recommended:

                                1. Be civil and courteous. This forum is visited by people from all over the world, of different ages, genders, religions, and backgrounds, and are each entitled to their own opinion.
                                Also, see Flaming, Right to Privacy, and Hatred.

                                2. Make sure that your message topics fit the topic description of the forum in which you are posting. This is for your own benefit - for example, a question regarding a bug or problem should be posted in the Feedback section.

                                3. Use the search function before posting, particularly if the question is problem oriented. Most technical questions have been answered before, and solutions are freely available.

                                4. Make sure that you have followed #3 before posting

                                5. Read the sticky threads at the top of each forum - they are there for a reason, and generally contain information relevant to the forum.

                                6. Don't quote the entire message that you're responding to, only the pertinent passage. This makes it easier to read for other users.

                                7. If you find it easier to express yourself en français, auf Deutsch, en español, in Nederlands, in Italiano, or any other language, post in the International Discussion forum. Hopefully someone who speaks the same language as you will be able to assist you. All posts in other sections (non-International) of the forums must be in English, so please make use of Google Translate if you need assistance with translation. Posting in English will allow the widest range of people to assist you.

                                In addition to the Forum Rules, you are bound to the general EA Terms of Service both on these forums and in the game. Links to the TOS are as follows:

                                EA TOS English
                                EA TOS French
                                EA TOS German
                                EA TOS Russian
                                EA TOS Spanish
                                See more
                                See less
                                Working...
                                X