DA4 Rumors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DA4 Rumors

    Are any of you following the recent "news" regarding DA4 development? I have to admit it does not sound promising right now. Most reports state that development has been mostly halted as all of the focus has been shifted to Anthem. There's also reports that development was recently rebooted so that they could implement more "live elements" which doesn't sound much like the single-player, story-driven game I'm certainly hoping for.
    Ally Code: ​​463-835-996
    ​​Guild: ​​Top F2P
    ​​Team: ​Top F2P Veilfire

  • #2
    I miss the behavior system from Origins, you could actually get your party to do what you wanted when you wanted hands free. DA2 and Inquisition are dumbed down, they also lack the challenge of Origins on nightmare difficulty.

    Still not as laughably easy as Mass Effect on insanity though.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Uraeus View Post
      I miss the behavior system from Origins, you could actually get your party to do what you wanted when you wanted hands free. DA2 and Inquisition are dumbed down, they also lack the challenge of Origins on nightmare difficulty.
      Yeah, they should have added the regular tactics (ala Inquisition or DA2 if I could say that) and have an Advanced Tactics (super micro-managment DA:O style!).

      IGN: Exscenth | CODE: 187-772-882

      On the Loose, Sighs of the Kirkwall Champion, 9:33 Dragon:
      "Someday, I'd like to go one week without meeting an insane mage. Just one week."


      THREADS | Games you're playing right now (aside from HoDA) | Themed Starter Packs

      Comment


      • #4
        Today it was announced that Anthem has officially been delayed til 2019. Which means we can expect DA4 to be pushed back further also (source). I personally don't care for Anthem that much, but if Bioware is asking for more time and getting it, good. Bioware asked for more time for DA:I too, and the final product was worth it. Bioware needs to tread carefully at the moment and put out a stunner to make up for a pretty disappointing 2017.

        It's true that DA4's production was rebooted, apparently to more easily allow for "live" elements to be implemented. Don't worry though, "live" doesn't necessarily mean multiplayer.

        Tweeted by Casey Hudson (Bioware Studio Head) on 01/25/2018:
        "Reading lots of feedback regarding Dragon Age, and I think you'll be relieved to see what the team is working on. Story and character focused. Too early to talk details, but when we talk about 'live' it just means designing a game for continued storytelling after the main story."




        Ally code 143-741-717

        Comment


        • #5
          A few of the speculative posts on DA4 I've read seem to think that being a "live" game means that there will be a lot of DLC, similar to the way we had to download Trespasser in order to "complete" the game. Now, I thought that Trespasser was released in a good way--it wasn't too expensive, it came with a lot of deep content, and gave the game a more satisfying conclusion than the original ending. However, I really don't like the idea of playing a piecemeal game that's not complete and might also lead to multiple substantial purchases down the line. The quality of the game will go down and I feel like any focus on character building will be dramatically reduced if they're trying to spread that out over multiple games.

          That said, I do tend to trust Bioware. They've had some hiccups for sure, but DA is a solid series with a strong history and promising future. I don't like that David Gaider has left, but Weekes will do a good job I'm sure. Hopefully EA will step back and let them do what they do best.

          F2P
          Ally code: 526-213-456
          357 Unique Legendaries!
          Welcome, Keeper Zathrian!
          Catalog completed 12/18/17

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Flerm View Post
            A few of the speculative posts on DA4 I've read seem to think that being a "live" game means that there will be a lot of DLC, similar to the way we had to download Trespasser in order to "complete" the game. Now, I thought that Trespasser was released in a good way--it wasn't too expensive, it came with a lot of deep content, and gave the game a more satisfying conclusion than the original ending. However, I really don't like the idea of playing a piecemeal game that's not complete and might also lead to multiple substantial purchases down the line. The quality of the game will go down and I feel like any focus on character building will be dramatically reduced if they're trying to spread that out over multiple games.

            That said, I do tend to trust Bioware. They've had some hiccups for sure, but DA is a solid series with a strong history and promising future. I don't like that David Gaider has left, but Weekes will do a good job I'm sure. Hopefully EA will step back and let them do what they do best.
            I think the original ending of inquisition was fine, it left me on a cliffhanger. Made me want to know more. I'm still left with a bitter taste in my mouth thinking about how they sold an ending seperately. And overall i don't have as high an opinion of DAI as i do for DA:O and DAII. So i am more cautious about the next game. Not as optimistic about it.
            Guild: Top F2P
            Team: Top F2P Guardians
            Rank: Light Finding Operation of Top F2P Guardians

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Third_Monti View Post

              I think the original ending of inquisition was fine, it left me on a cliffhanger. Made me want to know more. I'm still left with a bitter taste in my mouth thinking about how they sold an ending seperately. And overall i don't have as high an opinion of DAI as i do for DA:O and DAII. So i am more cautious about the next game. Not as optimistic about it.
              I would personally rank them DA:O > DAI > DA2, but I share your worries about DA4. It is good to hear that they still intend to make a story and character focused game, and don't appear to be headed the multiplayer lootbox route. There was a time when I felt confident in all Bioware releases, but that goodwill has been eroded significantly over time.
              Ally Code: ​​463-835-996
              ​​Guild: ​​Top F2P
              ​​Team: ​Top F2P Veilfire

              Comment


              • #8
                It will be interesting to see how it progresses, I just hope it doesn't take another two years. Hoping they scrap multiplayer and purely focus on the story, as well as gameplay, they really need to stick to their guns and not get caught up in the multiplayer hype that is now, another reason why Origins was such a gem in its time. Very original. I do have faith that something great will come of it, all true Thedosians must!.
                Last edited by Ragnar Hawke; 01-31-2018, 07:49 PM.
                Ally Code: 467-291-777

                'All things in this world are finite
                What one man gains, another has lost'
                'So let it be'

                Comment


                • #9
                  DA2 has its flaws, I'll be the first to admit, but it did tactics the best of all DA games so far. I was never a fan of super micromanagement of AT for DAO, I did just fine with regular tactics options. I actually missed the double condition trigger from DA2: If A, go to next tactic, if A, jump to X tactic.

                  That said, I'm done with BioWare as a company. After Andromeda and the string of bigger and smaller fiascos that stretches from the early 2010s, I have no confidence in BW as a developer anymore. Mark Darrah is splitting time heading two major games and they recently hosted Anita Sarkeesian. EA should do the merciful thing and take BW out back and put a bullet in its head.
                  Ally Code: 342-164-588
                  Guild: Spirit Fingers

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kidnova View Post

                    I would personally rank them DA:O > DAI > DA2, but I share your worries about DA4. It is good to hear that they still intend to make a story and character focused game, and don't appear to be headed the multiplayer lootbox route. There was a time when I felt confident in all Bioware releases, but that goodwill has been eroded significantly over time.
                    I have it thusly:
                    DA2 > DA:O (only slightly behind) > DA:I (far behind the other two).
                    Guild: Top F2P
                    Team: Top F2P Guardians
                    Rank: Light Finding Operation of Top F2P Guardians

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Third_Monti View Post

                      I have it thusly:
                      DA2 > DA:O (only slightly behind) > DA:I (far behind the other two).
                      I actually enjoy the characters and story in DA2 quite a bit, I just can't get over the repetitive locations and monotonous combat.
                      Ally Code: ​​463-835-996
                      ​​Guild: ​​Top F2P
                      ​​Team: ​Top F2P Veilfire

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Kidnova View Post
                        I actually enjoy the characters and story in DA2 quite a bit, I just can't get over the repetitive locations and monotonous combat.
                        Yep. Granted at release a Blood Mage could solo most of the game, but that damn running back and forth, leaving an area and coming back crap for the gang missions at night was annoying. I played DA2 once and never touched it again, no dlc played, etc.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Uraeus View Post

                          Yep. Granted at release a Blood Mage could solo most of the game, but that damn running back and forth, leaving an area and coming back crap for the gang missions at night was annoying. I played DA2 once and never touched it again, no dlc played, etc.
                          I didn't play any dlc, but i have played the main game more times than i can count. It has great replay value for me.
                          Guild: Top F2P
                          Team: Top F2P Guardians
                          Rank: Light Finding Operation of Top F2P Guardians

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Personally I think Inquisition is the best game by far of the three, even objectively. In terms of role playing elements and potential endings Origins was superior but the world, story, and gameplay of Inquisition are simply on another level from the first two. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Origins' and II's story and characters immensely but the gameplay was so horribly tedious and the world space design was just awful. Linear gameplay areas and unsatisfying combat are pretty bad but what was really unforgivable was the fact that there was no f!cking jump button!

                            I'm truly excited to see what DA4 brings, I expect to see a lot of Dorian and Solas and hope Hawke makes a comeback too. Seeing some of the other companions like Isabela and Merrill show up again would be really cool too, and Fenris would certainly not be out of place in a story set in Tevinter.
                            Member of OG

                            Ally Code: 448-544-837

                            Hero attack names from days gone by

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Alduin The World Eater View Post
                              Personally I think Inquisition is the best game by far of the three, even objectively. In terms of role playing elements and potential endings Origins was superior but the world, story, and gameplay of Inquisition are simply on another level from the first two. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Origins' and II's story and characters immensely but the gameplay was so horribly tedious and the world space design was just awful. Linear gameplay areas and unsatisfying combat are pretty bad but what was really unforgivable was the fact that there was no f!cking jump button!

                              I'm truly excited to see what DA4 brings, I expect to see a lot of Dorian and Solas and hope Hawke makes a comeback too. Seeing some of the other companions like Isabela and Merrill show up again would be really cool too, and Fenris would certainly not be out of place in a story set in Tevinter.
                              LOL, the lack of a jump button drives me crazy as well, but the complaint you have regarding combat for DA:O is the same as mine for DA:I. I find the combat in DA:O much more engaging and tactical than I do the much more simplified combat in DA:I. Plus, where are the damn healing spells!?!?!?
                              Ally Code: ​​463-835-996
                              ​​Guild: ​​Top F2P
                              ​​Team: ​Top F2P Veilfire

                              Comment

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              1 of 2 < >

                              EA is retiring Heroes of Dragon Age on Facebook

                              We are retiring Heroes of Dragon Age on browser platforms through Facebook on May 15, 2018.

                              Hello Heroes!

                              On Monday, February 12, 2018, EA will be retiring Heroes of Dragon Age (HoDA) on Facebook. Starting Tuesday, May 15, 2018, HoDA will no longer be available to play through browsers using Facebook. You may continue to access your account through Facebook Connect by installing the game on a mobile iOS or Android device. The purchase of in-game currency (Gems) will no longer be available on Facebook as of Monday, February 12, 2018, however Gems that have been purchased or earned may still be spent until the access to the game has been disabled.

                              We appreciate your support, and look forward to your battles on mobile platforms!

                              Thanks for playing!

                              The Heroes of Dragon Age team
                              2 of 2 < >

                              Forum Rules and Disciplinary Actions

                              These rules set boundaries to ensure that the EA Capital Games games and forums continue to be a friendly place where members can learn and share information on a variety of computing and non-computing topics. Heroes of Dragon Age and its forums are available to players 13 and older, refrain from excessive cursing/swearing. For more information, please see this link.

                              By accessing the EA Capital Games applications, users agree to accept that game administrators and moderators may remove any content submitted by a player as defined below. Users agree to EA Terms of Service as well. Misrepresenting oneself to engage in illegal activity will be immediately reported to EA for legal action.

                              Even though these are forums to allow free expression of ideas, there are other (real) people involved and one should respect their opinions and questions as ORIGINALLY POSTED IN THE TOPIC HEADINGS. Moderators are here to uphold and enforce the Terms of Service. Freedom to express your ideas, concerns, suggestions, and feedback, does not allow you the freedom of saying anything you want when you agree to the Terms of Service.

                              Unless otherwise stated, courses of action will be as follows:

                              1. First Offense - Warning
                              2. Second Offense - 3 day ban
                              3. Third Offense - 1 week ban
                              4. Fourth Offense - Permanent ban


                              If you have received a Permanent ban, this will extend to all future accounts created. If you are discovered to create a new account, it will also be banned.


                              What is not permitted in the discussion forum:

                              Advertising
                              Advertising or soliciting other members to buy, sell, or peruse any products or services including other applications or accounts, along with chain letters and junk mail.

                              Topics/posts that contain this will be both edited and closed or deleted, and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning.


                              Hatred
                              Racism, bigotry, misogyny, hate speech, discrimination against any race, sexual preference, gender, or religion will not be tolerated.

                              All topics/posts will be deleted. Death threats, even joking, will be deleted and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning, with further review from the Sr Moderator.


                              Flaming
                              Flaming includes material that is knowingly defamatory, illegal, abusive, threatening or harassing.

                              As with anything, you, as a member, should use good common sense when posting. In other words, you agree not to be a jerk. Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted at the moderators’ will.

                              Flaming or bashing of EA/CG, the devs, or the mods is not allowed. All posts/threads will be deleted.


                              Right to Privacy
                              You will not violate a person's privacy by publishing against another members will, information that is private and personal. Nor will you post private communication between EA Capital Games Support, other forum members, moderators, community managers, administrators, EA Capital Games employees, or partners of EA Capital Games on these forums or anywhere else.

                              Unless expressly endorsed by EA Capital Games, publicizing any correspondence of a private nature such as support tickets, email, Private Messages (PM) or chat logs thereof by any medium is NOT permitted.

                              Discussing or posting of another players spending habits will be deleted.


                              Spamming
                              Obvious spam (repetitive nonsense posts) will result in the poster permanently banned and all posts deleted.


                              Porn
                              Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene is not permitted on these forums.

                              Topics/posts containing such will be deleted on sight. Forum poster will be permanently banned from the forums.


                              Warez
                              Providing or asking for information regarding the illegal downloading of "warez", "gamez" or any other software protected by copyright.


                              Future Events/Promotions
                              Any posts or threads revealing future events or promotions that were not disclosed by the Capital Games team will be deleted.


                              Cross-posting
                              Posting the same question in more than one forum is not allowed. Should this occur, then only the thread in the most relevant forum will be left open; all others will be locked/closed and subsequently deleted.


                              Cheating
                              The use of any exploits or known bugs or editing of files in order to gain an unfair advantage while playing, will result in a permanent game and forum ban.

                              Accusing another player of cheating will result in your post/thread being deleted and a message sent to you, stating to refrain from further accusations. If continued accusations occur, a forum ban will result. If you believe a player to be cheating, send a PM to the Community Manager with as much detail as possible.

                              Please privately contact the Community Manager in order to submit an inquiry regarding this behavior.


                              Off-Topic Posting
                              Taking over a thread by posting excessively off-topic is not allowed. Off-Topic posts and any responses will be moved to their own, new thread if possible, or else deleted.


                              Political Posting
                              Because political beliefs, like religion, are a personal and sensitive topic, avoid posting about politics on the forums.


                              Customer Support Inquiries
                              All inquiries regarding Customer Support should be routed through the online web portal for support. The Community Manager and Moderators are unable to assist with inquiries regarding support tickets. Posting your ticket number and requesting assistance on the forums will result in the post being deleted. Sending a Private Message to the Community Manager or Moderators about CSR Inquiries is not to be tolerated, and will be ignored.

                              Additionally, all interactions with Customer Support are considered confidential, and all issues are handled on a case-by-case basis. As such, posts containing transcripts or results of your interactions with Customer Support will be edited or deleted.


                              Violation of these terms is grounds for removal from EA Capital Games games and a report to Facebook.


                              What should I do if I see objectionable material on the forums?
                              It is important that members recognize the real-time nature of this forum: the moderators cannot always monitor the contents of posted messages, and as such depend upon you to inform them when participants or their messages are violating our policy as stated here. You must also recognize that they cannot respond immediately to such notices and that some time may pass before any warranted action is taken.

                              To contact a moderator, please use the Flag Post function on the post represented by a flag:


                              What happens if I break the rules?
                              At best, your post will be edited by one of the moderators and you will be issued a warning. If the offense is more serious your post will be deleted. Posting "why was my post edited/deleted?" etc. will only make matters worse, so please don't. If a moderator has not sent you a message stating why, please send the Sr Moderator a message asking for a reason.

                              Should you have already been issued warnings and continue to break the rules, you will be issued an infraction - your posting privileges will be disabled for three days, but you will still be able to view the forums as a guest.

                              For persistent and deliberate rule-breakers your account will be "Banned". That means you are no longer welcome on these forums and/or games and your account will no longer function in them. If you re-register, your new account will be banned as well.

                              Posting Suggestions
                              In the attempt to create a compromise where everyone is happy, the following suggestions are also recommended:

                              1. Be civil and courteous. This forum is visited by people from all over the world, of different ages, genders, religions, and backgrounds, and are each entitled to their own opinion.
                              Also, see Flaming, Right to Privacy, and Hatred.

                              2. Make sure that your message topics fit the topic description of the forum in which you are posting. This is for your own benefit - for example, a question regarding a bug or problem should be posted in the Feedback section.

                              3. Use the search function before posting, particularly if the question is problem oriented. Most technical questions have been answered before, and solutions are freely available.

                              4. Make sure that you have followed #3 before posting

                              5. Read the sticky threads at the top of each forum - they are there for a reason, and generally contain information relevant to the forum.

                              6. Don't quote the entire message that you're responding to, only the pertinent passage. This makes it easier to read for other users.

                              7. If you find it easier to express yourself en français, auf Deutsch, en español, in Nederlands, in Italiano, or any other language, post in the International Discussion forum. Hopefully someone who speaks the same language as you will be able to assist you. All posts in other sections (non-International) of the forums must be in English, so please make use of Google Translate if you need assistance with translation. Posting in English will allow the widest range of people to assist you.

                              In addition to the Forum Rules, you are bound to the general EA Terms of Service both on these forums and in the game. Links to the TOS are as follows:

                              EA TOS English
                              EA TOS French
                              EA TOS German
                              EA TOS Russian
                              EA TOS Spanish
                              See more
                              See less
                              Working...
                              X