X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilds Q&A

Hey folks!

So guilds! Whoo! I bet a lot of you have questions on how this feature works and what's going on with it. If you've got questions, we've got answers.

Fire away!

FAQs

Q: How do I join a guild?
    A: From the Camp (Home) screen, on the left hand side there is a shield icon, which is for Guilds. Click on this to open the Guild interface where you may view a list of recommended guilds, or search for one. Pick one that appeals to you, or create your own, and then join!

Q: If I know the name of the guild I wish to join, how do I find them?
    A: You can search for the guild by name, but the search feature is somewhat limited. You must maintain case and be sure to enter the guild name exactly as it is displayed. For example: "MY GUILD" and "My Guild" are two distinct guilds.

Q: What is the cost of creating a guild?
    A: The cost to create a guild is 100K gold. This is intended to keep players from just randomly creating a guild for themselves.

Q: What is the roster limit of a guild?
    A: Currently, guilds have a limit of 30 members.

Q: How many applications can be pending before the system no longer takes applications?
    A: The limit of outstanding applications per guild is 10. After this, players will receive an error message that there are too many applications pending. An individual player may only have 1 application outstanding at a time. If you wish to apply to a different guild, you must first cancel your pending application (or get rejected, or accepted into the guild and then leave).

Q: What if my guild has more than 30 members?
    A: At this time, the suggestion is to split into a secondary guild to handle the overflow, and operate as independent teams. This is similar to how the manual guild wars were run. Later, if and when the member limit increases, you can consolidate your teams into a single guild by having the members of the secondary guild leave it and join the primary guild.

Q: I changed my in-game name after creating a guild and my name still shows up as the old one in the roster. What's going on?
    A: That's a server-side issue. Roughly, either we cache your name and then it MIGHT change in a day or so. Or we don't and it got written into the guild table with your old name. Then your only recourse would be to leave the guild, change your name, then rejoin. Your story can serve as a cautionary tale that you should change your name first, before joining or creating a guild. Name changing itself isn't an official feature, but rather an unintentional side effect of reinstalling that we've never fixed because of how much the players enjoyed having that option. So while there are no plans to change the rename "feature", it can cause unanticipated problems if you choose to use it.3

Q: I've left my guild open as I'm cool with anyone joining, but currently I'm the only member. Will I have to recruit on the forums like before, or is it easy for players to find my guild in-game?
    A: All guilds that are Open or Apply will appear on the guild list, so anyone can find them. It may take some time for players to find your guild and start joining, so you do not need to use the forums, but it certainly would not hurt to go to the forums to recruit.

Q: I have 25 guild members who aren't on the forum or other chats, how are we to communicate with them?
    A: In Game Chat is available for communicating with your guild members. Additionally, if you need to send a message to your guild members, you can update the Message of the Day via the Leader interface. You can also include the link to your thread in Guild Hall in your description of MotD, although due to space limitation it is recommended that you use something like bit.ly to shrink the size of the URL.

GUILD WARS - ONSLAUGHT

Q: Will there be separate rosters set up for participants in a Guild War vs just members of a Guild, or is it an all-hands-on-deck system?

A: It is all-hands-on-deck. All members in a Guild will have their banners counted in a Guild War, so if you are inactive in your guild, you can potentially hurt them if you are preventing an active member from joining if the roster is full. Members may freely leave and join guilds at any time, so leaders should consider maintaining your roster as being only the members who plan to be actively participating in a guild war.

Q: What is the scoring method for the guild leaderboard?
    A: The scoring method is total banner count.

Q: Will guilds be on a separate leaderboard from non guild players?
    A: All players will be on the same individual leaderboard. A guild leaderboard displaying the top 100 guilds and their total banner count is available in the ONSLAUGHT tab during a guild war.

Q: Are the guild prizes in addition to the normal PvP prizes or do they replace them for guild members?
    A: Guild Prizes are in addition to the normal PvP prizes. You will get your normal individual rank prize, and then also your guild rank prize.

Q: I didn't receive the guild prizes after the event ended. What happened?
    A: In order to qualify for the guild prizes, several factors must be met:
    - You must be in your guild BEFORE the event starts.
    - You must remain in your guild for the duration of the event.
    - You must meet the minimum individual banner requirement. This can be found on the ONSLAUGHT screen within the guild interface, above the prize listing.
    - If you left your guild (or were kicked out) after the event started and DID NOT join another guild, you will still qualify for the prizes for that guild
    - If you left your guild (or were kicked out) after the event started and then joined a different guild, you will NOT qualify for any guild prizes
    - If you left your guild (or were kicked out) after the event started and then rejoined the same guild, you will NOT qualify for guild prizes. Any additional banners you earn after rejoining the guild will NOT COUNT toward the guild total.

Q: What happens if a member joins my guild after the event starts? Will their banners count?
    A: No, only those members who are part of the guild before the event starts will have their banners count. Additionally, any members who join after the event begins will not qualify to receive the guild rewards.

Q: What if a member leaves or is kicked from the guild after the event starts but before it ends? Do their banners still count?
    A: Yes, all banners earned while in the guild will stay with the guild total. However, the member will still be eligible for the prize for your guild UNLESS they join another guild or rejoin the same guild before the event ends. Any additional banners earned by the player after rejoining the guild will NOT COUNT towards the total. Unfortunately, any action of rejoining a guild will wipe out the previous guild data for the player, making the system recognize only the most recent join date for determining eligibility.

Q: How can I see how many banners the guild members have earned?
    A: Within the ONSLAUGHT screen, you may toggle between the Guilds leaderboard and the Individual leaderboard for your guild members. The leaderboards will stay intact based on the most recently completed Onslaught, until 48 hours before the next one goes live.

Q: When is the next Guild War?
    A: The next Guild War is displayed on the ONSLAUGHT screen, as the name of the event and how long until it starts. More detail about the event is not available until the event schedule for that week is posted, and prizes will be displayed 48 hours before the event goes live.

Q: How do I claim my guild prize?
    A: Guild prizes are available in the same location as regular PVP event prizes, by clicking on Goals, and going to My Events. If you qualified for the guild prize, a claim button will be available. Alternatively, a CLAIM button will be available on the ONSLAUGHT prize display, which will bring you to the My Events tab to claim your prize.

Q: If I am the guild leader and I pressed the "Claim" button on the ONSLAUGHT tab, is this for me personally or does it claim for the whole guild?
    A: This is for you individually. There is no mechanism to claim prizes on behalf of other players.

Q: I am unsure if my claim worked. How can I tell?
    A: As with regular PVP prizes, after your claim has processed, your My Events screen will show the prizes as being claimed with check marks over the claimed prizes. If you do not see your prizes applied, please submit a ticket to Customer Support so that they can investigate what happened.

WISH LIST

Q: Would it be possible to in the future add a feature that allows guild members to add others based on their ally codes?
    A: We could, but this opens up another can of worms in terms of what happens when you add a player's ally code. Do they then get a notification that they must accept? That would require another interface for guild add notifications. I get that it would be helpful, it's just hard to justify putting other things on hold to implement this feature that I would consider not vital, but more of a nice-to-have. Everything is coming down to priorities right now.2

Q: Maybe a simpler fix then, when the team can: in the info screen when a player applies, show their ally code as well as their brief message? Then we can both confirm that they are the correct player and add them to our allies list.
    A: TBD

Q: I have to log out and reload in order to refresh both the roster and the application list. Can we at least have a refresh button in the next iteration?
    A: The slow updates can be frustrating when you're eagerly awaiting a new inductee, but we don't want all of the new guild activity to blow up the servers. As real world usage data comes in, we can tweak the refresh rates based on how much additional bandwidth this client update is generating. As you've discovered, you can force an update by closing and restarting the client. Not the most elegant way to get an update, but that's an option.3

Q: It would be nice if we could get an option where you can decline an application but also type in a reply. We had to decline some folks, without stating why which is quite rude.
    A: TBD

Q: There is a message somewhere about inactive guild leaders being demoted after 30 days. Is there or could there be a similar feature for general members? i.e. if they fail to log into the game at all for 30 days, they are automatically removed from the guild? And/or will there be some way for guild leaders to be able to quickly identify dormant players for manual removal?
    A: I don't see us doing automatic member removal. It's really up to the guild leader and officers to manage their membership roster, and part of that is keeping track of who's still active and who isn't. Establishing a guild forum or chat room (there are a lot of resources on the web, some free, some paid) can be very helpful to this end.4
    Last edited by Lyeshal; 03-16-2017, 05:10 AM.

I got a question, what is the cost of creating a guild?
    My Ally Code: 584-815878
    CaineFire

Comment

Originally posted by Decard View Post
      I got a question, what is the cost of creating a guild?
      100K gold. It says this when you try and create a guild.

The amount may seem a little high to some, but is designed to limit the amount of guilds created and hopefully means that each has a purpose, i.e. not created on a whim with nothing ending up being done with it.
      Last edited by Skywalkered; 02-24-2016, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Ok so my question is let's say I belong to a guild but I have yet to apply to one on the new guild interface if I join but plan to not run in this specific guild war will it hurt the guild if I don't participate or play it casually like is there a separate list of guildies that will lock in their name in the Guild war or am I going to hurt the guilds numbers by joining it?

Comment

Is there a limit number for the guild members?

Ally-Code : 429-919-269

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetonephilim View Post
            Ok so my question is let's say I belong to a guild but I have yet to apply to one on the new guild interface if I join but plan to not run in this specific guild war will it hurt the guild if I don't participate or play it casually like is there a separate list of guildies that will lock in their name in the Guild war or am I going to hurt the guilds numbers by joining it?

We are not prepared to answer any questions about the upcoming guild war at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kofee View Post
              Is there a limit number for the guild members?

Currently, the roster limit is 30.

Comment

I'm glad you made this thread Lyeshal ~! thank you for this.

I wanted to ask..
                My friend is having trouble "finding"/searching the guild I made. He is on my ally/friend list...
                would it be possible to add an invite button in there to ease the process of adding friends to the guild one is in? (would appreciate lots and lots)

besides this.. he's reset his HODA app a few times and has tried from both his phone and facebook/pc to find the guild...
                we double checked spelling too.. I've already added 2 public random players that requested to join... (so i know the guild is visible.. it is set to "apply")

not sure what else I can do?...Thank you in advance~!

--side note.. I would also echo the sentiments expressed about the guild features and feedback on here that it would be nice to still be able to view the other guilds even when you belong to one already... i already miss the list of other guilds...

UPDATE>> my buddy was able to join my guild.. so please ignore my earlier query on this..thanks
                Last edited by Therealpill Cosby; 02-24-2016, 11:45 AM.
                ... and then there's MARYDEN (the forgotten ONE).

Comment

A few answers:

1. Guild creation cost: 100k gold. Philip is correct that this is intended to keep players from just randomly creating a guild for themselves.
                  2. Roster limit: 30. You'll be able to increase this later on.
                  3. Old guilds are irrelevant. Assume they never existed. You'll have to make new guilds from scratch.
                  4. Technically, since there is a limit of 30 members, if you're not really participating in a guild event then in theory yes you're hurting your guild's chances of doing well. You represent 1/30th of the power of your guild! However, the number of members in a guild doesn't effect the rankings... it's just total banner count. So if you're not blocking someone else from joining (like you have fewer than 30 members in the guild) then no you're not hurting anything by joining.

Comment

So let me get this straight -

We in OL are all one guild but so far we've been running two teams for each guild war - that means 60 people in total and 30 per team. As far as I understand it now each team has to make their own guild ingame and the members of the corresponding team should join there so that their results are counted towards the total of the team.

Then in the next GW if someone from the casual team wants to go all in and someone from the hard team wants to go casual they would have to quit their respective team's guilds and join their new team's guild ingame - is that correct?

Also i guess this eliminates the necessity of team captains making lists of IGN's and ally codes and then sending them to someone here on the forum and etc., correct?

And from your post gettypoppy (the end of point 4) I understand that we're going back to the very first method of ranking in total banner count per guild and not the average banners per member?

Comment

I keep getting "restar required - your operation could not be completed. The game needs to restart to retrieve new guild information. I have restarted the game ~30 times and have literally restarted my phone but to no avail. Little help?

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Moore View Post
                        I keep getting "restar required - your operation could not be completed. The game needs to restart to retrieve new guild information. I have restarted the game ~30 times and have literally restarted my phone but to no avail. Little help?
                        It's a known bug that occurs when there are too many concurrent applicants to a particular guild, more specifically 10 requests. It's set to be fixed I believe but should happen less frequently anyway as guilds settle down.
                        Last edited by Skywalkered; 02-24-2016, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Field View Post

It's a known bug that occurs when there are too many concurrent applicants to a particular guild, more specifically 10 requests. It's set to be fixed I believe but should happen less frequently anyway as guilds settle down.
                          Cool! Thanks Philip!

Comment

Originally posted by Melvil View Post
                            So let me get this straight -

We in OL are all one guild but so far we've been running two teams for each guild war - that means 60 people in total and 30 per team. As far as I understand it now each team has to make their own guild ingame and the members of the corresponding team should join there so that their results are counted towards the total of the team.

Then in the next GW if someone from the casual team wants to go all in and someone from the hard team wants to go casual they would have to quit their respective team's guilds and join their new team's guild ingame - is that correct?

Also i guess this eliminates the necessity of team captains making lists of IGN's and ally codes and then sending them to someone here on the forum and etc., correct?

And from your post gettypoppy (the end of point 4) I understand that we're going back to the very first method of ranking in total banner count per guild and not the average banners per member?

Yep, if you guys want to run 2 guilds like that you can just freely leave one guild and join the other. Though you'd want to keep them application only to not let any random players in, and the leader would have to approve the application again each time you swap.

And yes, no need for manually tracking players or ally codes... it's just up to each individual player to leave one guild and join the other.

For now, we're just doing the total banner count for the guilds to determine the leaderboards. Later on we could certainly also sometimes do an average (with minimum member count) if you guys would find that interesting. Let me know if that's something you'd be interested in.

Also, for these first few guild wars events, we're not doing a minimum banner count required for rewards (like how the old events had a 4,000 banner minimum). We will be doing that later, with varying banner minimums for each event, but for these first few events there will be no minimum.

Comment

Gettypoppy, would it be possible to in the future add a feature that allows guild members to add others based on their ally codes? This might help some of the older guilds get their members and prevent others from filling up the application page. It will also help us differentiate between the numerous "Varric Thethras"'s that we've had applying :P
                              "Oh, you're THAT Varric Thethras!"

F2P
                              Ally code: 526-213-456
                              356 Unique Legendaries!
                              Welcome, Isseya!
                              Catalog completed 12/18/17

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules and Disciplinary Actions

These rules set boundaries to ensure that the EA Capital Games games and forums continue to be a friendly place where members can learn and share information on a variety of computing and non-computing topics. Heroes of Dragon Age and its forums are available to players 13 and older, refrain from excessive cursing/swearing. For more information, please see this link.

By accessing the EA Capital Games applications, users agree to accept that game administrators and moderators may remove any content submitted by a player as defined below. Users agree to EA Terms of Service as well. Misrepresenting oneself to engage in illegal activity will be immediately reported to EA for legal action.

Even though these are forums to allow free expression of ideas, there are other (real) people involved and one should respect their opinions and questions as ORIGINALLY POSTED IN THE TOPIC HEADINGS. Moderators are here to uphold and enforce the Terms of Service. Freedom to express your ideas, concerns, suggestions, and feedback, does not allow you the freedom of saying anything you want when you agree to the Terms of Service.

Unless otherwise stated, courses of action will be as follows:

1. First Offense - Warning
                              2. Second Offense - 3 day ban
                              3. Third Offense - 1 week ban
                              4. Fourth Offense - Permanent ban

If you have received a Permanent ban, this will extend to all future accounts created. If you are discovered to create a new account, it will also be banned.

What is not permitted in the discussion forum:

Advertising
                              Advertising or soliciting other members to buy, sell, or peruse any products or services including other applications or accounts, along with chain letters and junk mail.

Topics/posts that contain this will be both edited and closed or deleted, and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning.

Hatred
                              Racism, bigotry, misogyny, hate speech, discrimination against any race, sexual preference, gender, or religion will not be tolerated.

All topics/posts will be deleted. Death threats, even joking, will be deleted and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning, with further review from the Sr Moderator.

Flaming
                              Flaming includes material that is knowingly defamatory, illegal, abusive, threatening or harassing.

As with anything, you, as a member, should use good common sense when posting. In other words, you agree not to be a jerk. Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted at the moderators’ will.

Flaming or bashing of EA/CG, the devs, or the mods is not allowed. All posts/threads will be deleted.

Right to Privacy
                              You will not violate a person's privacy by publishing against another members will, information that is private and personal. Nor will you post private communication between EA Capital Games Support, other forum members, moderators, community managers, administrators, EA Capital Games employees, or partners of EA Capital Games on these forums or anywhere else.

Unless expressly endorsed by EA Capital Games, publicizing any correspondence of a private nature such as support tickets, email, Private Messages (PM) or chat logs thereof by any medium is NOT permitted.

Discussing or posting of another players spending habits will be deleted.

Spamming
                              Obvious spam (repetitive nonsense posts) will result in the poster permanently banned and all posts deleted.

Porn
                              Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene is not permitted on these forums.

Topics/posts containing such will be deleted on sight. Forum poster will be permanently banned from the forums.

Warez
                              Providing or asking for information regarding the illegal downloading of "warez", "gamez" or any other software protected by copyright.

Future Events/Promotions
                              Any posts or threads revealing future events or promotions that were not disclosed by the Capital Games team will be deleted.

Cross-posting
                              Posting the same question in more than one forum is not allowed. Should this occur, then only the thread in the most relevant forum will be left open; all others will be locked/closed and subsequently deleted.

Cheating
                              The use of any exploits or known bugs or editing of files in order to gain an unfair advantage while playing, will result in a permanent game and forum ban.

Accusing another player of cheating will result in your post/thread being deleted and a message sent to you, stating to refrain from further accusations. If continued accusations occur, a forum ban will result. If you believe a player to be cheating, send a PM to the Community Manager with as much detail as possible.

Please privately contact the Community Manager in order to submit an inquiry regarding this behavior.

Off-Topic Posting
                              Taking over a thread by posting excessively off-topic is not allowed. Off-Topic posts and any responses will be moved to their own, new thread if possible, or else deleted.

Political Posting
                              Because political beliefs, like religion, are a personal and sensitive topic, avoid posting about politics on the forums.

Customer Support Inquiries
                              All inquiries regarding Customer Support should be routed through the online web portal for support. The Community Manager and Moderators are unable to assist with inquiries regarding support tickets. Posting your ticket number and requesting assistance on the forums will result in the post being deleted. Sending a Private Message to the Community Manager or Moderators about CSR Inquiries is not to be tolerated, and will be ignored.

Additionally, all interactions with Customer Support are considered confidential, and all issues are handled on a case-by-case basis. As such, posts containing transcripts or results of your interactions with Customer Support will be edited or deleted.

Violation of these terms is grounds for removal from EA Capital Games games and a report to Facebook.

What should I do if I see objectionable material on the forums?
                              It is important that members recognize the real-time nature of this forum: the moderators cannot always monitor the contents of posted messages, and as such depend upon you to inform them when participants or their messages are violating our policy as stated here. You must also recognize that they cannot respond immediately to such notices and that some time may pass before any warranted action is taken.

To contact a moderator, please use the Flag Post function on the post represented by a flag:

What happens if I break the rules?
                              At best, your post will be edited by one of the moderators and you will be issued a warning. If the offense is more serious your post will be deleted. Posting "why was my post edited/deleted?" etc. will only make matters worse, so please don't. If a moderator has not sent you a message stating why, please send the Sr Moderator a message asking for a reason.

Should you have already been issued warnings and continue to break the rules, you will be issued an infraction - your posting privileges will be disabled for three days, but you will still be able to view the forums as a guest.

For persistent and deliberate rule-breakers your account will be "Banned". That means you are no longer welcome on these forums and/or games and your account will no longer function in them. If you re-register, your new account will be banned as well.

Posting Suggestions
                              In the attempt to create a compromise where everyone is happy, the following suggestions are also recommended:

1. Be civil and courteous. This forum is visited by people from all over the world, of different ages, genders, religions, and backgrounds, and are each entitled to their own opinion.
                              Also, see Flaming, Right to Privacy, and Hatred.

2. Make sure that your message topics fit the topic description of the forum in which you are posting. This is for your own benefit - for example, a question regarding a bug or problem should be posted in the Feedback section.

3. Use the search function before posting, particularly if the question is problem oriented. Most technical questions have been answered before, and solutions are freely available.

4. Make sure that you have followed #3 before posting

5. Read the sticky threads at the top of each forum - they are there for a reason, and generally contain information relevant to the forum.

6. Don't quote the entire message that you're responding to, only the pertinent passage. This makes it easier to read for other users.

7. If you find it easier to express yourself en français, auf Deutsch, en español, in Nederlands, in Italiano, or any other language, post in the International Discussion forum. Hopefully someone who speaks the same language as you will be able to assist you. All posts in other sections (non-International) of the forums must be in English, so please make use of Google Translate if you need assistance with translation. Posting in English will allow the widest range of people to assist you.

In addition to the Forum Rules, you are bound to the general EA Terms of Service both on these forums and in the game. Links to the TOS are as follows:

EA TOS English
                              EA TOS French
                              EA TOS German
                              EA TOS Russian
                              EA TOS Spanish
                              See more
                              See less
                              Working...
                              X