Bloodmage mechanics:tested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodmage mechanics:tested

Bloodmage mechanics can be hard to understand just from watching battles. I hope this thread will be for testing to prove what actually happens

Conclusions:
    1. Bloodmages (Uldred, Danarius, Jowan, FEO tested) gain 20% of the displayed damage done to themselves and their allies. However, displayed damage varies depending on DR and presence of Defenders.
    2. Bloodmage power gain doesn't include extra damage done to them by faction. (This needs to be retested)
    3. The damage done that charges the Bloodmage is the damage displayed even if that damage is higher than the health of the toon attacked. i.e. The Bloodmages are charged by the "overkill".
    4. The displayed damage from an AoE hit is the damage done per each of the targets. So, the Bloodmage gets charged up 5x0.2xDisplayed Damage
    5. Barkspawn has the same mechanic as the Bloodmages but only a 15% gain factor (not the 30% as posted elsewhere)
    6. Grey Warden Oghren (GWO) has the same mechanic as the Bloodmages, but only for attacks on him personally. His gain is 30%. This doesn't include the 50% gain he does personally per round.
    7. King Maric (Maric) has the same mechanic as the Bloodmages, but only for attacks on him personally. His gain is 30%. This doesn't include the 50% gain he does personally per round.
    8. Brogan Dace (BD) has the same mechanic as the Bloodmages, but only for attacks on him personally. His gain is 50%. This doesn't include the 50% gain he does personally per round.
    9. Warden Commander Duncan (WCD) has the same mechanic as the Bloodmages but only a 5% gain factor.
    10. Red Nugly Sweater (RNS) has the same mechanic as the Bloodmages, but only for attacks on him personally. His gain is 30%. This doesn't include the 50% gain he does personally and gives to allies.
    11. Risen Ogre (RO) has the same mechanic as the Bloodmages, but only for attacks on him personally. His gain is 30%.
    12. Damage Reduction reduces Bloodmage power gain by reducing displayed power of a hit. When multiple toons attacked with attacked toons having differing amounts of DR, displayed power seems to be highest value (2 toons attack tested).
    13. Defenders take about 1/2 damage from those they defend, but the displayed damage is a complex calculation explained below that has displayed damage being about 2/3 the actual damage dealt if the Defender is also attacked. Bloodmages with Defenders do not gain as much power as Bloodmages in similar situations without Defenders.
    14. Two Defenders stop all AoE damage from affecting allies, and Bloodmage power gain is 0 from the AoE attack
    15. When two defenders stop an AoE blast, their health can be much weaker than needed and still no damage will reach the Defender's allies. Said another way, 2 Defenders can absorb 1 infinitely large AoE blast and no damage will affect allies.
    16. Sten the Arishok has the same mechanic as the Bloodmages. His gain is 20%

Additional FEO testing:
    http://forums.capitalgames.com/showt...ceive-DMG-quot
    Thanks to Cassius for the link.

Testing conclusions 1 & 2:
    Using Blue Nexus on easy

Formula for predicted power for an Uldred crit:
    2*(Uldred displayed power+(sum of opponent hits)*.2)

n.b. all numbers for hits from opponents do not include the extra faction damage # displayed

Node 1: Single hitters (Dalish Mage, Dalish Arcane Warrior, Tevinter Arcane Warrior), all blue for faction damage on Uldred
    T4 L85 Uldred in BR displayed power: 2832

Squad Slot/Crit power/Predicted Power/DM1 hit/DM2 hit/DAW hit/TAW hit
    1/6042/6042.8/230/290/275/152
    3/6032/6033.6/241/245/241/197

Node 4: Single hitters (Dalish Warrior, Elvish Mage), Row hitter (Circle Senior Enchanter), all blue for faction damage on Uldred

T4 L85 Uldred in BR displayed power: 2832

Squad Slot/Crit power/Predicted Power/DW1 hit/DW2 hit/CSE hit/EM hit
    1/5964/5964/185/163/122/280
    3/5994/5993.2/247/178/165/243

Node 1: Single hitters (Dalish Mage, Dalish Arcane Warrior, Tevinter Arcane Warrior), all blue for faction damage on Dan

T4 L85 Dan in BR displayed power:2974

Squad Slot/Crit power/Predicted Power/DM1 hit/DM2 hit/DAW hit/TAW hit
    3/6296/6295.6/224/277/174/194

Using Black Nexus on Easy. 20% gain explains FEO's hit.

T4 L65 FEO in BR displayed power: 1159
    Node 2: Single Hitters (Skeleton Archer, Genlock Alpha), Row Hitter (Genlock Brute), all black for no faction damage on FEO

Crit Power/Predicted Power/SA hit /GA1 hit/GA2 hit/GB hit
    2582/2582/127/201/223/109

Testing conclusion 3:
    We see the Wisp with health 2 being killed many times over in 1 hit and the damage Uldred sees being the displayed hit, not 2.

Using Black Nexus on Easy

BR: Uldred
    FR: Legendary Black Wisp with health=2

T4 L85 Uldred displayed power: 2832
    Node 2: Single Hitters (Skeleton Archer, Genlock Alpha), Row Hitter (Genlock Brute-never got to hit in the test), all black for no faction damage on Uldred

Crit Power/Predicted Power/SA hit to kill Wisp/GA1 hit on Uldred/GA2 hit on Uldred
    5884/5887.2/140/200/218

Node 3: Single Hitters (Walking Corpse), Row Hitter (Revenant), all black for no faction damage on Uldred

Crit Power/Predicted Power/Revenant 1 hit to kill Wisp/Revenant 2 hit on Uldred/WC1 hit on Uldred/WC2 hit on Uldred
    5940/5940.4/151/120/227/193

Testing Conclusion 4:
    We see Merrill hit all 5 toons, then Jowan respond with a crit:
    Bloodmage squad:
    FR: 2xLegendary Blue Wisp
    BR: Jowan, Legendary Blue Wisp
    LC: Wintersend Dragon

Opponent:
    FR: Merrill

Formula for predicted power for a Bloodmage crit after a 5 toon Bloodmage squad is attacked by an AoE hit:
    2*(Uldred displayed power+(5xAoE Displayed damage)*.2)

Crit Power/Predicted Power/Merrill hit
    12950/12950/3085

Testing conclusion 5:
    Using Black Nexus on Easy. The same mechanic as with the Bloodmages and 25% explains Barkspawn's hit.

BR: Barkspawn

T4 L81 Barkspawn displayed power: 3570
    Node 2: Single Hitters (Skeleton Archer, Genlock Alpha), Row Hitter (Genlock Brute-never got to hit in the test), all black for faction damage on Barkspawn

Crit Power/Predicted Power/SA hit /GA1 hit/GA2 hit
    7334/7334.4/157/229/262
    7174/7174.2/114/0/0

Node 3: Single Hitters (Walking Corpse), Row Hitter (Revenant), all black for faction damage on Barkspawn

Crit Power/Predicted Power/Revenant 1 hit/WC1 hit
    7240/7238.4/97/231

Testing conclusion 6:
    Using Black Nexus on Easy. The same mechanic as with the Bloodmages and 30% of damage taken explains GWO's hit.

BR: GWO

T4 L85 GWO displayed power: 4350
    Node 3: Single Hitters (Walking Corpse), Row Hitter (Revenant), all black for faction damage on GWO

Crit Power/Predicted Power/Revenant 1 hit /Revenant 2 hit/WC 1 hit/WC 2 hit
    9114/9114.6/153/118/220/200

Testing conclusion 7:
    Using Black Nexus on Easy. The same mechanic as with the Bloodmages and 30% of damage taken explains Maric's hit.

BR: Maric

T2 L72 Maric displayed power: 889
    Node 3: Single Hitters (Walking Corpse), Row Hitter (Revenant), all black for faction damage on Maric

Crit Power/Predicted Power/Revenant 1 hit /Revenant 2 hit/WC hit
    2068/2067.2/116/119/247

Testing conclusion 8:
    Using Black Nexus on Easy. The same mechanic as with the Bloodmages and 50% of damage taken explains BD's hit.

BR T4 L85 BD displayed power: 4163
    Node 1: Single Hitters (Blighted Werewolf), AoE Hitter (Desire Demon-did not hit in test), all black for faction damage on BD

Crit Power/Predicted Power/BW hit
    8494/8494/168

Testing conclusion 9:
    Using Black Nexus on Easy. The same mechanic as with the Bloodmages and 5% gain explains WCD's hit.

BR T4 L85 WCD displayed power: 5919

Node 3: Single Hitters (Walking Corpse), Row Hitter (Revenant), all black for faction damage on WCD

Crit Power/Predicted Power/Revenant 1 hit/WC1 hit/WC2 hit
    11884/11884.7/116/185/166

Testing conclusion 10: Thanks to KyreneZA for the testing
    30% gain explains RNS' hit.
    Using White Nexus on Easy

BR T4 RNS displayed power: 266
    Node 1:Single Hitter (Harlequin), white for faction damage on RNS

Crit Power/Predicted Power/Harlequin 1 Hit/Harlequin 2 Hit
    680/681.4/128/121

Testing conclusion 11:
    30% gain explains RO's hit.
    Using White Nexus on Easy

T4 L85 RO displayed power: 2847
    Node 2:Single Hitter (Silent Sister)

Crit Power/Predicted Power/SS 1 Hit
    5816/5815.2/202

Testing conclusion 12:
    4xWF/DF vs.

BR: BD

WF displayed power (DP) 24414 crits on BD with 25% DR predicts hit as 2x24414*.75=36613.5
    Actual displayed hit power = 36616

FR: Morrigan, Dan with displayed power 5504
    BR: BD, Morrigan
    LC: Snug

Hit 1: WF hits Morrigan & BD for Displayed Damage (DD) = 22000, BM gain = (22000 + 22000 x .75) x .2
    Where there are different hit amounts due to DR (22000 for Morrigan, 16500 for BD), it appears DP is the highest amount (in this case)
    Hit 2: WF crits on BD for DD = 36621 (24414 x 2 x .75), BM gain = 36621 x .2
    Hit 3: WF hits BD for DD = 21654, BM gain = 21654 x .2
    Hit 4: WF hits Snug for DD = 53784, BM gain = 53784 x .2
    Hit 5: Dan hits all for crit DD=71230
    Predicted Dan crit DD = 71231.6

Testing conclusion 13:
    4WF/DF with all 4 WF DP=24414

FR: Morrigan, Dan with DP=5504
    BR: GotU with displayed health = 41311, BD with displayed health = 46294
    LC: Snug
    GotU has 10% DR for all allies
    BD has 25% DR for himself only

I can't say exactly why these calculations are done this way, but they generally follow the idea that the Defender takes 1/2 the damage from those the Defender protects and that DR is applied before Displayed Damage (DD) is shown.

Hit 1: WF hits BD&GotU, DD=7497, BM gain= 2*7497*0.2
    WF actually hit for 11534 (back calculated to help with the example)
    DD=11534*(1-10%DR-25%DR)=7497
    GotU actual DD = 35322
    Predicted GotU DD=11534*2*(1-GotU DR)*Faction Damage + 11534*(1-GotU DR - BD DR) * Faction Damage
    =11534*2*(1-.1-.25)*1.25 + 11534*(1-.1-.25)*1.25
    =35322.9
    Hit 2: WF crits and hits BD&GotU, GotU dies, DD=15869, BM gain=2*15869*0.2
    WF actually hit for 24414*2
    Predicted DD=WF Hit less 1/2 to Defender * (1-10%DR-25%DR)
    Predicted DD=24414*2/2*(1-10%DR-25%DR)=15869.1
    GotU actual displayed damage = 74767
    Predicted displayed damage=24414*2*(1-GotU DR)*Faction Damage + 24414*(1-GotU DR - BD DR) * Faction Damage
    =24414*2*(1-.1-.25)*1.25 + 24414*(1-.1-.25)*1.25
    =74767.9
    Hit 3: WF hits BD, DD=18577, BM gain=18577*0.2
    Hit 4: WF hits Snug, DD=17761, BM gain=17761*0.2
    Hit 5: Dan crits for 44234
    Predicted crit = 2*0.2*(2*7497+2*15869+18577+17761)+5504=44236

The reduction in crits in the WF counter when adding a Defender is due to the Defender reducing DD by about 1/3 per hit involving the Defender.

Testing Conclusions 14 & 15:
    We see Merrill attack the Bloodmage squad, Stroud die, and Uldred's health and power gain are unaffected.

Bloodmage squad:
    FR: Schmooples health 58207, Stroud health 723
    BR: T4 L85 Uldred with displayed power 2832

Opponent:
    FR: Merrill

Crit Power/Predicted Power/Merrill hit
    5664/5664/4710
    Uldred crit power is exactly double displayed power. i.e. Merrill's hit had no effect.

Testing Conclusion 16:
    FR: TB
    BR: StA displayed power 2849
    Testing done on Easy Black Daily
    3 hits on TB: 149+215+263=627
    StA crits for 5950=2 x (2849 + 0.2 x 627)=5948.8
    Last edited by MAM_HoDA; 04-30-2015, 02:43 AM.
    "Dan and his BloodMage buddies loved the sport of hunting for the rare goaten eggs. With each new egg, they increased their efforts and enthusiasm. Then Dan found the goat who laid the eggs. Dan soon had all the eggs and went forth to resume the sport he loved. But, the village was empty as his buddies could no longer find eggs nor the sport they loved. Dan threw down his eggs and left, realizing that while he did indeed love the eggs, he loved the sport and his buddies more. When other goats returned, there was only Smaug who yawned and went back to sleep..." With a start, Dan awoke from his nightmare and vowed to run from GOATS!
    Enter your Nexus drops and see your odds: http://bit.ly/HoDA_Nexus

Originally posted by MAM_HoDA View Post
    b) FEO seems to have the same gain and mechanics as Uldred and Dan, but I haven't seen documented tests.
    Original FEO tests from August. http://forums.capitalgames.com/showt...ceive-DMG-quot
    Spectres are not trained, but chosen. Individuals forged in the fire of service and battle - those whose actions elevate them above the rank and file.

476-422-246

Triple member of the Barfspawnless Hall of Fame.

Comment

Thanks MAM, Good job!

IGN: lOGl Sarcodino
      Ally code: 478-549-376

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius View Post
        Thanks, updated original post.
        "Dan and his BloodMage buddies loved the sport of hunting for the rare goaten eggs. With each new egg, they increased their efforts and enthusiasm. Then Dan found the goat who laid the eggs. Dan soon had all the eggs and went forth to resume the sport he loved. But, the village was empty as his buddies could no longer find eggs nor the sport they loved. Dan threw down his eggs and left, realizing that while he did indeed love the eggs, he loved the sport and his buddies more. When other goats returned, there was only Smaug who yawned and went back to sleep..." With a start, Dan awoke from his nightmare and vowed to run from GOATS!

Comment

One thing which puzzles me is - from my own perception, BM's damage somewhat scales with their base power. At least this is what I noticed when levelling Uldred and Dan, and I guess that's why FEO's backlash is never as strong as Dan's or Uldred's. However, according to your tests, apparently base damage doesn't scale at all. Is it true?

Comment

Originally posted by Zarator View Post
            One thing which puzzles me is - from my own perception, BM's damage somewhat scales with their base power. At least this is what I noticed when levelling Uldred and Dan, and I guess that's why FEO's backlash is never as strong as Dan's or Uldred's. However, according to your tests, apparently base damage doesn't scale at all. Is it true?
            So, I've just been burnt in a flame war when answering detailed questions and then offending people because of misinterpretations of the written word. I think there's a very simple answer, but you and I can really get into it so I'm leery of offending anyone today. If you'd like, someone else can answer, or I will be happy to.

Comment

Flemeth, Elrick, Kolgrim, etc. damage scales with base power but BM base power is sumative... over +/-5000 power doesn´t change anything against for example 30k power gained from damage received by teammates.
              A 3000 power epic forted darnarius will get 33000 power while a 5500 T4 power legforted one will get 35500 xD

IGN: lOGl Sarcodino
              Ally code: 478-549-376

Comment

A big thanks to MaM, Ease, JSA and anyone else who contributed the last few days in testing the various Power Gain mechanics

Your work is much appreciated.
                Last edited by Rifter; 01-21-2015, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarator View Post
                  Well, it's powergain, so....the gain is on top of their base power of course.

My first uldread has power forts before I kinda realized that was a bad idea, so the second one doesn't. I've never noticed any difference between them that couldn't be attributed to the difference in base power though. I don't think the gain is affected at at all.

It's hard to test bc I would need them both be powered up and then crit. Not only is that really unlikely, a crit from a powered up blood mage usually wipes the map.
                  IGN: l l January l l
                  Ally code: 544-577-356
                  Spectre Status Recognized

Comment

Originally posted by January View Post
                    Well, it's powergain, so....the gain is on top of their base power of course.

My first uldread has power forts before I kinda realized that was a bad idea, so the second one doesn't. I've never noticed any difference between them that couldn't be attributed to the difference in base power though. I don't think the gain is affected at at all.

It's hard to test bc I would need them both be powered up and then crit. Not only is that really unlikely, a crit from a powered up blood mage usually wipes the map.
                    Is there a need to test the base power effect on overall power output? The formula:

(Uldred displayed power+(sum of opponent hits)*.2)

is consistent across FEO, Dan and Uldred as tested, and of the test cases, all had different displayed powers.

Comment

Base Power doesn't necessarily "scale" with power gain. The amount of power gained is added to Current Power.

In the case of Blood Mage gain, they gain (this is reduced by Damage Reduction):
                      (Damage dealt to a single target * 20%) * Number of targets damaged

In the case of "normal" power gain (e.g. Keeper Marethari), the method of calculating power gain is TYPICALLY a % of the initiating unit's power at the time of the gain triggering (25% or 50% usually).

Power gain for Flemeth and Reavers are different styles again, but also based on the initiating unit's power at the time of the gain triggering.
                      IGN: Cerberus, Richard Rahl, Malthael, Vish Kal
                      Nexus Drop Tracking | Pack Drop Tracking
                      Event Stat Calculator | Hero List | Consume Points

Comment

I might as well get all the units and cases covered, so there's one place with tested numbers.

Added Jowan and AoE gain tests. Results as expected.
                        Last edited by MAM_HoDA; 01-22-2015, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Added Barkspawn and GWO test:

GWO shows 30% gain with the same Bloodmage mechanic.

Barkspawn shows 15% gain with same Bloodmage mechanic. This is different than reported elsewhere.
                          Last edited by MAM_HoDA; 01-22-2015, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAM_HoDA View Post
                            So, I've just been burnt in a flame war when answering detailed questions and then offending people because of misinterpretations of the written word. I think there's a very simple answer, but you and I can really get into it so I'm leery of offending anyone today. If you'd like, someone else can answer, or I will be happy to.
                            Perhaps you have misunderstood. When I said "scale", I meant "multiplicatively" (I'm sorry if I didn't specify, in other games such as World of Warcraft it's always assumed that something "scaling" with something else adds multiplicatively).

So, to rephrase... I kind of expected the Bloodmages' power gain to be proportional to their base power - at least to some extent. Instead, judging from your research, it seems simply to be "Base Power + DamageTaken * 0.2" (As Pe Wa said). I just found it strange because I felt it worked differently. I guess I simply was wrong.

However, I wonder... doesn't this mean that, unlike other kinds of power gainers (like the aforementioned KM), the bloodmages basically don't need any particular attention in fortifying their power (at least the ones that work like FEO and company)?

Comment

Zarator: the main BM that benefits from fortifying power is Danarius if you want to build a dupe Dan rush team, instead of just a standard BM cross.
                              IGN: Cerberus, Richard Rahl, Malthael, Vish Kal
                              Nexus Drop Tracking | Pack Drop Tracking
                              Event Stat Calculator | Hero List | Consume Points

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules and Disciplinary Actions

These rules set boundaries to ensure that the Heroes of Dragon Age game and forums continue to be a friendly place where members can learn and share information on a variety of topics. As Heroes of Dragon Age and its forums are available to players 13 and older, refrain from excessive cursing/swearing. For more information, please see this link.

By accessing the EA Capital Games applications, users agree to accept that game administrators and moderators may remove any content submitted by a player as defined below. Users agree to EA Terms of Service as well. Misrepresenting oneself to engage in illegal activity will be immediately reported to EA for legal action.

Even though these are forums to allow free expression of ideas, there are other (real) people involved and one should respect their opinions and questions as ORIGINALLY POSTED IN THE TOPIC HEADINGS. Moderators are here to uphold and enforce these rules and the Terms of Service. Freedom to express your ideas, concerns, suggestions, and feedback, does not allow you the freedom of saying anything you want when you agree to the Terms of Service.

Unless otherwise stated, courses of action will be as follows:

1. First Offense - Warning
                              2. Second Offense - 3 day ban
                              3. Third Offense - 1 week ban
                              4. Fourth Offense - Permanent ban

If you have received a Permanent ban, this will extend to all future accounts created. If you are discovered to create a new account, it will also be banned.

What is not permitted in the discussion forum:

Advertising
                              Advertising or soliciting other members to buy, sell, or peruse any products or services including other applications or accounts, along with chain letters and junk mail.

Topics/posts that contain this will be both edited and closed or deleted, and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning.

Hatred
                              Racism, bigotry, misogyny, hate speech, discrimination against any race, sexual preference, gender, or religion will not be tolerated.

All topics/posts will be deleted. Death threats, even joking, will be deleted and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning, with further review from the Lead Moderator.

Flaming
                              Flaming includes material that is knowingly defamatory, illegal, abusive, threatening or harassing.

As with anything, you, as a member, should use good common sense when posting. In other words, you agree not to be a jerk. Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted at the moderators’ will. All posts/threads will be deleted.

Flaming or bashing of EA/CG, the devs, or the mods is not allowed. All such posts/threads will be deleted and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning.

Right to Privacy
                              You will not violate a person's privacy by publishing, against another member's will, any information that is private and personal. Nor will you post private communication between EA Capital Games Support, other forum members, moderators, community managers, administrators, EA Capital Games employees, or partners of EA Capital Games on these forums or anywhere else.

Unless expressly endorsed by EA Capital Games, publicizing any correspondence of a private nature such as support tickets, email, Private Messages (PM) or chat logs thereof by any medium is NOT permitted.

Discussing or posting of another player's spending habits will be deleted.

Spamming
                              Obvious spam (repetitive nonsense posts) will result in the poster permanently banned and all posts deleted.

Porn
                              Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene is not permitted on these forums.

Topics/posts containing such will be deleted on sight. Forum poster will be permanently banned from the forums.

Warez
                              Providing or asking for information regarding the illegal downloading of "warez", "gamez" or any other software protected by copyright.

Future Events/Promotions
                              Any posts or threads revealing future events or promotions that were not disclosed by the Capital Games team will be deleted.

Cross-posting
                              Posting the same question in more than one forum is not allowed. Should this occur, then only the thread in the most relevant forum will be left open; all others will be locked/closed and subsequently deleted.

Cheating
                              The use of any exploits or known bugs or editing of files in order to gain an unfair advantage while playing, will result in a permanent game and forum ban.

Accusing another player of cheating will result in your post/thread being deleted and a message sent to you, stating to refrain from further accusations. If continued accusations occur, a forum ban will result. If you believe a player to be cheating, send a PM to the Community Manager with as much detail as possible.

Please privately contact the Community Manager in order to submit an inquiry regarding this behavior.

Off-Topic Posting
                              Taking over a thread by posting excessively off-topic is not allowed. Off-Topic posts and any responses will be moved to their own, new thread if possible, or else deleted.

Political Posting
                              Because political beliefs, like religion, are a personal and sensitive topic, avoid posting about politics on the forums.

Customer Support Inquiries
                              All inquiries regarding Customer Support should be routed through the online web portal for support. The Community Manager and Moderators are unable to assist with inquiries regarding support tickets. Posting your ticket number and requesting assistance on the forums will result in the post being deleted. Sending a Private Message to the Community Manager or Moderators about CSR Inquiries is not to be tolerated, and will be ignored.

Additionally, all interactions with Customer Support are considered confidential, and all issues are handled on a case-by-case basis. As such, posts containing transcripts or results of your interactions with Customer Support will be edited or deleted. Keep in mind that your friend's case may not be exactly like your case, so the results of your request may differ from the results of your friend. Customer Support will not discuss the details of any player's case with any other player, but will provide support to you under our established, confidential policies. Asking why your request was resolved differently than another player will result in your post being deleted.

Violation of these terms is grounds for removal from EA Capital Games games.

What should I do if I see objectionable material on the forums?
                              It is important that members recognize the real-time nature of this forum: the moderators cannot always monitor the contents of posted messages, and as such depend upon you to inform them when participants or their messages are violating our policy as stated here. You must also recognize that they cannot respond immediately to such notices and that some time may pass before any warranted action is taken.

To contact a moderator, please use the Flag Post function on the post represented by a flag:

What happens if I break the rules?
                              At best, your post will be edited by one of the moderators and you will be issued a warning. If the offense is more serious your post will be deleted. Posting "why was my post edited/deleted?" etc. will only make matters worse, so please don't. If a moderator has not sent you a message stating why, please send the Lead Moderator a message asking for a reason.

Should you have already been issued warnings and continue to break the rules, you will be issued an infraction - your posting privileges will be disabled for three days, but you will still be able to view the forums as a guest.

For persistent and deliberate rule-breakers your account will be "Banned". That means you are no longer welcome on these forums and/or games and your account will no longer function in them. If you re-register, your new account will be banned as well.

Posting Suggestions
                              In the attempt to create a compromise where everyone is happy, the following suggestions are also recommended:

1. Be civil and courteous. This forum is visited by people from all over the world, of different ages, genders, religions, and backgrounds, and are each entitled to their own opinion. Keep in mind that in most cases, posts are not intended to offend. If you find yourself taking offense at a post, take a step back and contact the person directly, or appeal to a moderator for arbitration. Don't make the situation worse by posting in anger and lashing out at the original poster. Also, see Flaming, Right to Privacy, and Hatred.

2. Make sure that your message topics fit the topic description of the forum in which you are posting. This is for your own benefit - for example, a question regarding a bug or problem should be posted in the Feedback section under the appropriate heading.

3. Use the search function before posting, particularly if the question is problem oriented. Most technical questions have been answered before, and solutions are freely available. Additionally, before posting a bug, check the Known Issues thread to quickly see if the staff is already aware, and to find the discussion thread about that issue.

4. Make sure that you have followed #3 before posting

5. Read the sticky threads at the top of each forum - they are there for a reason, and generally contain information relevant to the forum and/or game.

6. Don't quote the entire message that you're responding to, only the pertinent passage. This makes it easier to read for other users.

7. If you find it easier to express yourself en français, auf Deutsch, en español, in Nederlands, in Italiano, or any other language, post in the International Discussion forum. Hopefully someone who speaks the same language as you will be able to assist you. All posts in other sections (non-International) of the forums must be in English, so please make use of Google Translate if you need assistance with translation. Posting in English will allow the widest range of people to assist you.

In addition to the Forum Rules, you are bound to the general EA Terms of Service both on these forums and in the game. Links to the TOS are as follows:

EA TOS English
                              EA TOS French
                              EA TOS German
                              EA TOS Russian
                              EA TOS Spanish

By registering and posting on these forums, you agree to be bound to the rules and disciplinary actions set forth above.
                              See more
                              See less
                              Working...
                              X