Stunners--input requested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stunners--input requested

    I've been working on a good Stunning team and have a bunch of questions: (the first 5 are for moderators or experts)

    ​1) What is the difference in probability (in percentage) between medium and Moderate chance to stun?
    2) What is the probability (in percentage) of a "small" chance to stun?
    3) What is the probability (in percentage) of a "high" chance to stun?
    4) What is the probability (in percentage) of a "chance" to stun? (description of toon lists no "small, medium, moderate, high or numbered percentage)
    5) Do Grand Enchanter Vivienne and Cretahl stun everytime they attack? (their description says they "stun" with no reference to probability)
    6) What are some favorite stun teams out there?


    Ally Code: 645-764-829
    Guild: Dream Warriors

  • #2
    i think it's like this:

    1) Think it's the same ( 50%)
    2) 25%
    3)75%
    4)25% same as small
    5) think its 75% same as high
    6) Assasine Florianne x4, Witherfang x4, any GEV and Fen combos
    Guild: Top F2P
    Team: Top F2P
    Rank: Strategic Operations of Top F2P

    Ally Code 415-666-376

    Comment


    • #3
      VV and The Mother are my favorite stunners.. though I don't get to use The Mother as much as I like.. her attack animation is so statisfying along with her stun proccing.
      Xeb is also decent for stunning.
      ... and then there's MARYDEN (the forgotten ONE).

      Comment


      • #4
        Since we are on the subject of stunners, I always wanted to ask whether it is possible to put out a stun team with a 100% success against general or specific groups e.g. Circle Mages?

        Theoretically, 2 Vengeance Anders (each with -50% stun resistance against Circle) should guarantee a 100% stun access against Circle mages like Uldred. But I find this not the case even if the opposing Uldred has no anti-stun buffs from anyone.

        Another example. During weekend wisps event, I tried using Alpha Goat (-50% stun resistance to enemies), Librarian (-35% stun resistance to enemies) and Hissera (-25% stun resistance) which should theoretically give me -110% stun resistance against the helpless wisps. However, Hissera rarely stuns any Wisps in her quick AOE attack or rather her stun probability remains low.

        Is there a cap to decreasing stun resistance?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Legendary Nug Wrangler View Post
          Is there a cap to decreasing stun resistance?
          I'm pretty sure there is a cap, probably at 0% so you can't have negative stun resistance.

          i.e. Magister Dorian with 75% Stun Resist vs 2x Vengeance Anders with 2x -50% would have 0% Stun Resistance instead of -25%

          Found it confirmed

          http://forums.capitalgames.com/forum...questions-faqs

          My favourite stun team was the Fereldan Knight vs the Arishok or chopping the Tree, my most hated was Witherfang

          Comment


          • #6
            Awesome, Dumat! (Kinda what I thought, but wanted to see what experts thought).
            ​Many thanks!

            Ally Code: 645-764-829
            Guild: Dream Warriors

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DUMAT View Post
              i think it's like this:

              1) Think it's the same ( 50%)
              2) 25%
              3)75%
              4)25% same as small
              5) think its 75% same as high
              6) Assasine Florianne x4, Witherfang x4, any GEV and Fen combos
              Almost but not quite. Heroes who state they attack and stun are a 100% stun chance. This is, of course, offset by any stun resistance.

              The values given are good general values but we do have a range that is used for small, medium, large, etc. In general though, those numbers make a good guideline for expectation.

              Comment


              • #8
                Excellent info. Much appreciated!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lyeshal View Post

                  Almost but not quite. Heroes who state they attack and stun are a 100% stun chance. This is, of course, offset by any stun resistance.

                  The values given are good general values but we do have a range that is used for small, medium, large, etc. In general though, those numbers make a good guideline for expectation.
                  Thanks
                  Guild: Top F2P
                  Team: Top F2P
                  Rank: Strategic Operations of Top F2P

                  Ally Code 415-666-376

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Legendary Nug Wrangler View Post
                    Since we are on the subject of stunners, I always wanted to ask whether it is possible to put out a stun team with a 100% success against general or specific groups e.g. Circle Mages?

                    Theoretically, 2 Vengeance Anders (each with -50% stun resistance against Circle) should guarantee a 100% stun access against Circle mages like Uldred. But I find this not the case even if the opposing Uldred has no anti-stun buffs from anyone.

                    Another example. During weekend wisps event, I tried using Alpha Goat (-50% stun resistance to enemies), Librarian (-35% stun resistance to enemies) and Hissera (-25% stun resistance) which should theoretically give me -110% stun resistance against the helpless wisps. However, Hissera rarely stuns any Wisps in her quick AOE attack or rather her stun probability remains low.

                    Is there a cap to decreasing stun resistance?
                    I believe 2 things are at play here. The 1st is the chance the attacker has to stun an opponent and the opponent's resistance to being stunned. The attacker would roll its chance on whether to stun or not and if that roll is successful, then 2nd the target would roll a chance to defend against being stunned. To give a simple example, someone who has a 25% chance to stun the opponent hits an opponent that has 50% stun resistance has effectively a 12.5% chance of stunning that opponent.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DeanOfGames View Post
                      I believe 2 things are at play here. The 1st is the chance the attacker has to stun an opponent and the opponent's resistance to being stunned. The attacker would roll its chance on whether to stun or not and if that roll is successful, then 2nd the target would roll a chance to defend against being stunned. To give a simple example, someone who has a 25% chance to stun the opponent hits an opponent that has 50% stun resistance has effectively a 12.5% chance of stunning that opponent.

                      It doesn't actually work that way.

                      In your example, take the Chance to Stun (25%) and deduct the Resistance (50%) which give a -25% or Zero chance to stun.

                      Another Example, Witherfang with 75% chance to stun vs an opponent with 25% Stun Resist means Witherfang has (75%-25%) 50% chance to stun. That's why we always hated fighting Witherfang during her reign lol.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Scultura View Post


                        It doesn't actually work that way.

                        In your example, take the Chance to Stun (25%) and deduct the Resistance (50%) which give a -25% or Zero chance to stun.

                        Another Example, Witherfang with 75% chance to stun vs an opponent with 25% Stun Resist means Witherfang has (75%-25%) 50% chance to stun. That's why we always hated fighting Witherfang during her reign lol.
                        You're working on the assumption that ability to stun and resistance to stun are grouped together to form one variable that's calculated additively. This would give a Magister Dorian based team (75% stun resistance) virtual stun immunity to all toons except those who have 100% chances to stun since all other values would either be zeroed out or negated which by my observation isn't true.

                        Just like a number of other things, the game is working with probabilities. Witherfang actually was more fearsome than you thought. Her 75% chance to stun countered by 25% resistance doesn't just simply become 50%. It would be calculated like this:

                        Witherfang
                        75% Stun | 25% not Stun

                        Target
                        25% does not get Stunned | 75% gets Stunned

                        Then we'd take Witherfang's 75% and the Target's 75%, multiply those, and end up with .75 x .75 = 56.25% chance of that target being stunned. Being stunned more than half the time she attacked you certainly justified the hate that was directed towards her. Higher stun resistances made her lest potent, but didn't totally eliminate her ability to stun, Every toon can still be stunned except if they have immunity.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DeanOfGames View Post
                          You're working on the assumption that ability to stun and resistance to stun are grouped together to form one variable that's calculated additively. [/SIZE]
                          I'm not working on any assumption, it was confirmed by Storklord in the Google Docs file.
                          http://forums.capitalgames.com/forum...-and-abilities

                          I always thought the same as you until then.

                          Magister Dorian teams can only be stunned by heroes with 100% Stun chance like GEV unless they face Heroes with negative Stun resist like Vengeance Anders and don't have Allies with additional stun resist. i.e. a 2x MD team has 150% stun resist.

                          Witherfang always did seemed to stun more than 75% as most of the time she would stun both the back row. Pity I never got her until she was well past her prime lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Scultura View Post

                            I'm not working on any assumption, it was confirmed by Storklord in the Google Docs file.
                            http://forums.capitalgames.com/forum...-and-abilities

                            I always thought the same as you until then.

                            Magister Dorian teams can only be stunned by heroes with 100% Stun chance like GEV unless they face Heroes with negative Stun resist like Vengeance Anders and don't have Allies with additional stun resist. i.e. a 2x MD team has 150% stun resist.

                            Witherfang always did seemed to stun more than 75% as most of the time she would stun both the back row. Pity I never got her until she was well past her prime lol
                            Thank you for enlightening me. Can't say I agree with how things are calculated, but I'm sure there are underlying reasons for why it's calculated that way.
                            Last edited by DeanOfGames; 05-18-2017, 11:42 AM. Reason: Edited to keep myself out of trouble

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DeanOfGames View Post
                              Thank you for enlightening me. Can't say I agree with how things are calculated, but I'm sure there are underlying reasons for why it's calculated that way.

                              You're welcome. I've learned a lot from posters on the Forums over the years so always happy to do the same

                              You just have to accept CG have decided how things work and use that knowledge to help your own gameplay.

                              Comment

                              Announcement

                              Collapse

                              Forum Rules and Disciplinary Actions

                              These rules set boundaries to ensure that the EA Capital Games games and forums continue to be a friendly place where members can learn and share information on a variety of computing and non-computing topics. Heroes of Dragon Age and its forums are available to players 13 and older, refrain from excessive cursing/swearing. For more information, please see this link.

                              By accessing the EA Capital Games applications, users agree to accept that game administrators and moderators may remove any content submitted by a player as defined below. Users agree to EA Terms of Service as well. Misrepresenting oneself to engage in illegal activity will be immediately reported to EA for legal action.

                              Even though these are forums to allow free expression of ideas, there are other (real) people involved and one should respect their opinions and questions as ORIGINALLY POSTED IN THE TOPIC HEADINGS. Moderators are here to uphold and enforce the Terms of Service. Freedom to express your ideas, concerns, suggestions, and feedback, does not allow you the freedom of saying anything you want when you agree to the Terms of Service.

                              Unless otherwise stated, courses of action will be as follows:

                              1. First Offense - Warning
                              2. Second Offense - 3 day ban
                              3. Third Offense - 1 week ban
                              4. Fourth Offense - Permanent ban


                              If you have received a Permanent ban, this will extend to all future accounts created. If you are discovered to create a new account, it will also be banned.


                              What is not permitted in the discussion forum:

                              Advertising
                              Advertising or soliciting other members to buy, sell, or peruse any products or services including other applications or accounts, along with chain letters and junk mail.

                              Topics/posts that contain this will be both edited and closed or deleted, and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning.


                              Hatred
                              Racism, bigotry, misogyny, hate speech, discrimination against any race, sexual preference, gender, or religion will not be tolerated.

                              All topics/posts will be deleted. Death threats, even joking, will be deleted and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning, with further review from the Sr Moderator.


                              Flaming
                              Flaming includes material that is knowingly defamatory, illegal, abusive, threatening or harassing.

                              As with anything, you, as a member, should use good common sense when posting. In other words, you agree not to be a jerk. Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted at the moderators’ will.

                              Flaming or bashing of EA/CG, the devs, or the mods is not allowed. All posts/threads will be deleted.


                              Right to Privacy
                              You will not violate a person's privacy by publishing against another members will, information that is private and personal. Nor will you post private communication between EA Capital Games Support, other forum members, moderators, community managers, administrators, EA Capital Games employees, or partners of EA Capital Games on these forums or anywhere else.

                              Unless expressly endorsed by EA Capital Games, publicizing any correspondence of a private nature such as support tickets, email, Private Messages (PM) or chat logs thereof by any medium is NOT permitted.

                              Discussing or posting of another players spending habits will be deleted.


                              Spamming
                              Obvious spam (repetitive nonsense posts) will result in the poster permanently banned and all posts deleted.


                              Porn
                              Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene is not permitted on these forums.

                              Topics/posts containing such will be deleted on sight. Forum poster will be permanently banned from the forums.


                              Warez
                              Providing or asking for information regarding the illegal downloading of "warez", "gamez" or any other software protected by copyright.


                              Future Events/Promotions
                              Any posts or threads revealing future events or promotions that were not disclosed by the Capital Games team will be deleted.


                              Cross-posting
                              Posting the same question in more than one forum is not allowed. Should this occur, then only the thread in the most relevant forum will be left open; all others will be locked/closed and subsequently deleted.


                              Cheating
                              The use of any exploits or known bugs or editing of files in order to gain an unfair advantage while playing, will result in a permanent game and forum ban.

                              Accusing another player of cheating will result in your post/thread being deleted and a message sent to you, stating to refrain from further accusations. If continued accusations occur, a forum ban will result. If you believe a player to be cheating, send a PM to the Community Manager with as much detail as possible.

                              Please privately contact the Community Manager in order to submit an inquiry regarding this behavior.


                              Off-Topic Posting
                              Taking over a thread by posting excessively off-topic is not allowed. Off-Topic posts and any responses will be moved to their own, new thread if possible, or else deleted.


                              Political Posting
                              Because political beliefs, like religion, are a personal and sensitive topic, avoid posting about politics on the forums.


                              Customer Support Inquiries
                              All inquiries regarding Customer Support should be routed through the online web portal for support. The Community Manager and Moderators are unable to assist with inquiries regarding support tickets. Posting your ticket number and requesting assistance on the forums will result in the post being deleted. Sending a Private Message to the Community Manager or Moderators about CSR Inquiries is not to be tolerated, and will be ignored.

                              Additionally, all interactions with Customer Support are considered confidential, and all issues are handled on a case-by-case basis. As such, posts containing transcripts or results of your interactions with Customer Support will be edited or deleted.


                              Violation of these terms is grounds for removal from EA Capital Games games and a report to Facebook.


                              What should I do if I see objectionable material on the forums?
                              It is important that members recognize the real-time nature of this forum: the moderators cannot always monitor the contents of posted messages, and as such depend upon you to inform them when participants or their messages are violating our policy as stated here. You must also recognize that they cannot respond immediately to such notices and that some time may pass before any warranted action is taken.

                              To contact a moderator, please use the Flag Post function on the post represented by a flag:


                              What happens if I break the rules?
                              At best, your post will be edited by one of the moderators and you will be issued a warning. If the offense is more serious your post will be deleted. Posting "why was my post edited/deleted?" etc. will only make matters worse, so please don't. If a moderator has not sent you a message stating why, please send the Sr Moderator a message asking for a reason.

                              Should you have already been issued warnings and continue to break the rules, you will be issued an infraction - your posting privileges will be disabled for three days, but you will still be able to view the forums as a guest.

                              For persistent and deliberate rule-breakers your account will be "Banned". That means you are no longer welcome on these forums and/or games and your account will no longer function in them. If you re-register, your new account will be banned as well.

                              Posting Suggestions
                              In the attempt to create a compromise where everyone is happy, the following suggestions are also recommended:

                              1. Be civil and courteous. This forum is visited by people from all over the world, of different ages, genders, religions, and backgrounds, and are each entitled to their own opinion.
                              Also, see Flaming, Right to Privacy, and Hatred.

                              2. Make sure that your message topics fit the topic description of the forum in which you are posting. This is for your own benefit - for example, a question regarding a bug or problem should be posted in the Feedback section.

                              3. Use the search function before posting, particularly if the question is problem oriented. Most technical questions have been answered before, and solutions are freely available.

                              4. Make sure that you have followed #3 before posting

                              5. Read the sticky threads at the top of each forum - they are there for a reason, and generally contain information relevant to the forum.

                              6. Don't quote the entire message that you're responding to, only the pertinent passage. This makes it easier to read for other users.

                              7. If you find it easier to express yourself en français, auf Deutsch, en español, in Nederlands, in Italiano, or any other language, post in the International Discussion forum. Hopefully someone who speaks the same language as you will be able to assist you. All posts in other sections (non-International) of the forums must be in English, so please make use of Google Translate if you need assistance with translation. Posting in English will allow the widest range of people to assist you.

                              In addition to the Forum Rules, you are bound to the general EA Terms of Service both on these forums and in the game. Links to the TOS are as follows:

                              EA TOS English
                              EA TOS French
                              EA TOS German
                              EA TOS Russian
                              EA TOS Spanish
                              See more
                              See less
                              Working...
                              X