Calpernia and The Ancestor's Greaves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Calpernia and The Ancestor's Greaves

    Friend picture - Calpernia and The Ancestor's Greaves. Just like with Vidassala, this has a tactical advantage. Especially on the eve of the GW. Gj capital games. The second time on the same rake.

  • #2
    I have one (Calpernia) with the Greaves as well. Best advice I can give is to identify toons in an upcoming group revamp who can equip them, then wrap those toons in targeting and stealth gear before the revamp hits. It's what I've done for the last couple revamps - learned my lesson with Vid...
    xXx nog xXx
    "I doubt the whole world hates you. I imagine it's just me."

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by xXx_nog_xXx View Post
      I have one (Calpernia) with the Greaves as well. Best advice I can give is to identify toons in an upcoming group revamp who can equip them, then wrap those toons in targeting and stealth gear before the revamp hits. It's what I've done for the last couple revamps - learned my lesson with Vid...
      Do you think these moments are normal? me not.
      He has x4 Calpernia with this gear. He opened the prestige slot, put this equipment ...I would have thought that he knew about the reconstruction of Calpernia, that it would be impossible to put on greaves and took care of it, but this is impossible ))

      Comment


      • #4
        Prevention is better than cure.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Danke95 View Post

          Do you think these moments are normal? me not.
          He has x4 Calpernia with this gear. He opened the prestige slot, put this equipment ...I would have thought that he knew about the reconstruction of Calpernia, that it would be impossible to put on greaves and took care of it, but this is impossible ))
          Of course it's not normal. But it's certainly possible - I did it. I know several others who do this as well.
          You simply don't know what's going to happen to the toons in a revamp, so you try to account for possibilities as best you can.
          I also don't think CG did anything wrong here. Changing a toon is changing a toon. They're allowed to do it, and in fact are encouraged to do it, by us, to help give new life to old toons.
          Consider too before you keep crying "unfair".... For every Calpernia where something like this worked out, there are potentially dozens of other gears and/or toons where it doesn't, and the gear is wasted. Sometimes good gear. So trying to guess ahead isn't without cost, or loss.
          xXx nog xXx
          "I doubt the whole world hates you. I imagine it's just me."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by xXx_nog_xXx View Post

            You simply don't know what's going to happen to the toons in a revamp, so you try to account for possibilities as best you can.
            Yes, and with this revamp we even hasn't know about what toons will be revamped. usually, there was info about heroes to revamp and we all has a possibility to use this feature..
            Ambassador of Russian guild: "Тип Топ"
            Ally code: 174-769-319
            Join us: https://discord.gg/UX8KK4H

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ??? Uriziel View Post

              Yes, and with this revamp we even hasn't know about what toons will be revamped. usually, there was info about heroes to revamp and we all has a possibility to use this feature..
              We did know which heroes were included. We were told that all Ven were being revamped with the only exceptions being TEO, Gereon, and Erimond.
              xXx nog xXx
              "I doubt the whole world hates you. I imagine it's just me."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by xXx_nog_xXx View Post

                Of course it's not normal. But it's certainly possible - I did it. I know several others who do this as well.
                You simply don't know what's going to happen to the toons in a revamp, so you try to account for possibilities as best you can.
                I also don't think CG did anything wrong here. Changing a toon is changing a toon. They're allowed to do it, and in fact are encouraged to do it, by us, to help give new life to old toons.
                Consider too before you keep crying "unfair".... For every Calpernia where something like this worked out, there are potentially dozens of other gears and/or toons where it doesn't, and the gear is wasted. Sometimes good gear. So trying to guess ahead isn't without cost, or loss.
                You do not understand me. I have sufficient experience in the game and calpernia is not a danger to me. CG has already encountered a similar problem when revamp qunari. Unfortunately for many, they refused fast hotfixes. And they released gear for the qunari after a long time. And this is repeated again. I think it would be reasonable if the developers immediately see such moments and take measures when they revamp toon - for example, they will immediately release an artifact that will let calpernies attack the back row. I think this will be a good way.

                P.S. You tolk about guess...You will be surprised if I say that a certain group of people knows about the upcoming changes and uses this to their advantage? This is no secret to anyone. And we're used to it, but don't let they show off.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Danke95 View Post

                  You do not understand me. I have sufficient experience in the game and calpernia is not a danger to me. CG has already encountered a similar problem when revamp qunari. Unfortunately for many, they refused fast hotfixes. And they released gear for the qunari after a long time. And this is repeated again. I think it would be reasonable if the developers immediately see such moments and take measures when they revamp toon - for example, they will immediately release an artifact that will let calpernies attack the back row. I think this will be a good way.

                  P.S. You tolk about guess...You will be surprised if I say that a certain group of people knows about the upcoming changes and uses this to their advantage? This is no secret to anyone. And we're used to it, but don't let they show off.
                  I completely understand you. You're crying because you didn't consider to put flanking gear on some toons before a known revamp, and now you no longer have that option. I'm telling you you had the chance to do this; just like everyone else. If I want to run through my Orlesians, for example, and start covering them with specific stealth/targeting/or whatever else gear - on the chance that it will benefit them after the revamp, or that they may no longer be able to equip it after the revamp, that's my choice. And my risk of wasting the gear if it doesn't apply. You've got that same option, same as everybody else. For every Calpernia that got the Greaves equipped, there are tons of other Ven who got gear equipped that didn't work out, and was then equipped over - so there is a cost to trying to guess ahead like this - it's not some magical unfair advantage. It's an expensive gamble that sometimes pays off and often times doesn't.
                  And you can keep your hints and accusations about folks somehow knowing the revamps before they happen. You're accusing people of cheating, and you have no idea what you're talking about so you can just stop with that nonsense.
                  xXx nog xXx
                  "I doubt the whole world hates you. I imagine it's just me."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by xXx_nog_xXx View Post
                    I completely understand you. You're crying because you didn't consider to put flanking gear on some toons before a known revamp, and now you no longer have that option. I'm telling you you had the chance to do this; just like everyone else. If I want to run through my Orlesians, for example, and start covering them with specific stealth/targeting/or whatever else gear - on the chance that it will benefit them after the revamp, or that they may no longer be able to equip it after the revamp, that's my choice. And my risk of wasting the gear if it doesn't apply. You've got that same option, same as everybody else. For every Calpernia that got the Greaves equipped, there are tons of other Ven who got gear equipped that didn't work out, and was then equipped over - so there is a cost to trying to guess ahead like this - it's not some magical unfair advantage. It's an expensive gamble that sometimes pays off and often times doesn't.
                    And you can keep your hints and accusations about folks somehow knowing the revamps before they happen. You're accusing people of cheating, and you have no idea what you're talking about so you can just stop with that nonsense.
                    I have idea what i'm talking about. Your arguments do not influence to me. But I like it, as you was entertained me.
                    Last edited by Danke95; 09-11-2019, 01:05 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Danke95 View Post

                      I have idea what i'm talking about. Your arguments do not influence to me. But I like it, as you was entertained me.
                      Entertainment indeed.

                      See you on the next complaint thread after the Orlesian revamps. : )
                      xXx nog xXx
                      "I doubt the whole world hates you. I imagine it's just me."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's happened frequently in the past that revamps have caused gear to no longer be able to be equipped. We aren't going to go back and redo those revamps, but as you can see with what we did for Qunari Elusive stealth gear, when something like this is identified, we have options for being able to equalize again. We may even have plans for that before the revamp is released. It may take a few weeks, so those who make the gamble on equipping gear before a revamp may have that advantage for a short while, but ultimately, we have long term plans that you can't see.

                        We do try our best to keep all the original specializations, attack types, etc on a hero through a revamp, but occasionally, we need to change something to make the hero up to snuff with what we'd really like for it to be - such as changing initiative.

                        With so much gear in the game, there's always going to be something that could get missed to see that it was equippable before, and not equippable after. There's also the chance that something that wasn't equippable before becomes equippable.

                        Accusing us of being incompetent, however veiled, isn't going to win you any favors.

                        Finally, I won't have anyone accusing anyone of cheating. If you have a problem with someone that you think is cheating, you will follow the forum rules in this regard and message me directly or submit a report to Customer Service. Public witch-hunting and shaming is not tolerated.

                        Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Lyeshal View Post
                          It's happened frequently in the past that revamps have caused gear to no longer be able to be equipped. We aren't going to go back and redo those revamps, but as you can see with what we did for Qunari Elusive stealth gear, when something like this is identified, we have options for being able to equalize again. We may even have plans for that before the revamp is released. It may take a few weeks, so those who make the gamble on equipping gear before a revamp may have that advantage for a short while, but ultimately, we have long term plans that you can't see.
                          I will take a revamp over issues with gear any day, keep them coming team and good job on them.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Destroyer77 View Post

                            I will take a revamp over issues with gear any day, keep them coming team and good job on them.
                            I agree. I prefer to have a revamp to fix a toon and make it better and useful even if it means to lose, from time to time, a good gear.
                            Last edited by RoenGs; 09-11-2019, 04:48 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I don’t see any issues on this myself. After I failed to slot in nancy scales to my Vidasala moving forward I made sure to slot attack specific gear (especially nancy scales as they are restricted to row attackers) to potentially useful post-revamp units. I did so with Maferath and lo and behold he’s still the same LOL.

                              I agree that there will always be the cost of this, and everyone is advised if not forewarned of the changes that will happen. This is more or less special ‘bonuses’ for players who knows how to plan ahead of revamps.

                              I say keep em coming CG team. If ya feel the need to change toons then change them for the better, as we have always seen so far!

                              IGN: Exscenth | CODE: 187-772-882

                              On the Loose, Sighs of the Kirkwall Champion, 9:33 Dragon:
                              "Someday, I'd like to go one week without meeting an insane mage. Just one week."


                              THREADS | Games you're playing right now (aside from HoDA) | Themed Starter Packs

                              Comment

                              Announcement

                              Collapse

                              Forum Rules and Disciplinary Actions

                              These rules set boundaries to ensure that the Heroes of Dragon Age game and forums continue to be a friendly place where members can learn and share information on a variety of topics. As Heroes of Dragon Age and its forums are available to players 13 and older, refrain from excessive cursing/swearing. For more information, please see this link.

                              By accessing the EA Capital Games applications, users agree to accept that game administrators and moderators may remove any content submitted by a player as defined below. Users agree to EA Terms of Service as well. Misrepresenting oneself to engage in illegal activity will be immediately reported to EA for legal action.

                              Even though these are forums to allow free expression of ideas, there are other (real) people involved and one should respect their opinions and questions as ORIGINALLY POSTED IN THE TOPIC HEADINGS. Moderators are here to uphold and enforce these rules and the Terms of Service. Freedom to express your ideas, concerns, suggestions, and feedback, does not allow you the freedom of saying anything you want when you agree to the Terms of Service.

                              Unless otherwise stated, courses of action will be as follows:

                              1. First Offense - Warning
                              2. Second Offense - 3 day ban
                              3. Third Offense - 1 week ban
                              4. Fourth Offense - Permanent ban


                              If you have received a Permanent ban, this will extend to all future accounts created. If you are discovered to create a new account, it will also be banned.


                              What is not permitted in the discussion forum:

                              Advertising
                              Advertising or soliciting other members to buy, sell, or peruse any products or services including other applications or accounts, along with chain letters and junk mail.

                              Topics/posts that contain this will be both edited and closed or deleted, and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning.


                              Hatred
                              Racism, bigotry, misogyny, hate speech, discrimination against any race, sexual preference, gender, or religion will not be tolerated.

                              All topics/posts will be deleted. Death threats, even joking, will be deleted and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning, with further review from the Lead Moderator.


                              Flaming
                              Flaming includes material that is knowingly defamatory, illegal, abusive, threatening or harassing.

                              As with anything, you, as a member, should use good common sense when posting. In other words, you agree not to be a jerk. Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted at the moderators’ will. All posts/threads will be deleted.

                              Flaming or bashing of EA/CG, the devs, or the mods is not allowed. All such posts/threads will be deleted and an immediate 3-day ban will be issued without warning.


                              Right to Privacy
                              You will not violate a person's privacy by publishing, against another member's will, any information that is private and personal. Nor will you post private communication between EA Capital Games Support, other forum members, moderators, community managers, administrators, EA Capital Games employees, or partners of EA Capital Games on these forums or anywhere else.

                              Unless expressly endorsed by EA Capital Games, publicizing any correspondence of a private nature such as support tickets, email, Private Messages (PM) or chat logs thereof by any medium is NOT permitted.

                              Discussing or posting of another player's spending habits will be deleted.


                              Spamming
                              Obvious spam (repetitive nonsense posts) will result in the poster permanently banned and all posts deleted.


                              Porn
                              Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene is not permitted on these forums.

                              Topics/posts containing such will be deleted on sight. Forum poster will be permanently banned from the forums.


                              Warez
                              Providing or asking for information regarding the illegal downloading of "warez", "gamez" or any other software protected by copyright.


                              Future Events/Promotions
                              Any posts or threads revealing future events or promotions that were not disclosed by the Capital Games team will be deleted.


                              Cross-posting
                              Posting the same question in more than one forum is not allowed. Should this occur, then only the thread in the most relevant forum will be left open; all others will be locked/closed and subsequently deleted.


                              Cheating
                              The use of any exploits or known bugs or editing of files in order to gain an unfair advantage while playing, will result in a permanent game and forum ban.

                              Accusing another player of cheating will result in your post/thread being deleted and a message sent to you, stating to refrain from further accusations. If continued accusations occur, a forum ban will result. If you believe a player to be cheating, send a PM to the Community Manager with as much detail as possible.

                              Please privately contact the Community Manager in order to submit an inquiry regarding this behavior.


                              Off-Topic Posting
                              Taking over a thread by posting excessively off-topic is not allowed. Off-Topic posts and any responses will be moved to their own, new thread if possible, or else deleted.


                              Political Posting
                              Because political beliefs, like religion, are a personal and sensitive topic, avoid posting about politics on the forums.


                              Customer Support Inquiries
                              All inquiries regarding Customer Support should be routed through the online web portal for support. The Community Manager and Moderators are unable to assist with inquiries regarding support tickets. Posting your ticket number and requesting assistance on the forums will result in the post being deleted. Sending a Private Message to the Community Manager or Moderators about CSR Inquiries is not to be tolerated, and will be ignored.

                              Additionally, all interactions with Customer Support are considered confidential, and all issues are handled on a case-by-case basis. As such, posts containing transcripts or results of your interactions with Customer Support will be edited or deleted. Keep in mind that your friend's case may not be exactly like your case, so the results of your request may differ from the results of your friend. Customer Support will not discuss the details of any player's case with any other player, but will provide support to you under our established, confidential policies. Asking why your request was resolved differently than another player will result in your post being deleted.

                              Violation of these terms is grounds for removal from EA Capital Games games.


                              What should I do if I see objectionable material on the forums?
                              It is important that members recognize the real-time nature of this forum: the moderators cannot always monitor the contents of posted messages, and as such depend upon you to inform them when participants or their messages are violating our policy as stated here. You must also recognize that they cannot respond immediately to such notices and that some time may pass before any warranted action is taken.

                              To contact a moderator, please use the Flag Post function on the post represented by a flag:


                              What happens if I break the rules?
                              At best, your post will be edited by one of the moderators and you will be issued a warning. If the offense is more serious your post will be deleted. Posting "why was my post edited/deleted?" etc. will only make matters worse, so please don't. If a moderator has not sent you a message stating why, please send the Lead Moderator a message asking for a reason.

                              Should you have already been issued warnings and continue to break the rules, you will be issued an infraction - your posting privileges will be disabled for three days, but you will still be able to view the forums as a guest.

                              For persistent and deliberate rule-breakers your account will be "Banned". That means you are no longer welcome on these forums and/or games and your account will no longer function in them. If you re-register, your new account will be banned as well.

                              Posting Suggestions
                              In the attempt to create a compromise where everyone is happy, the following suggestions are also recommended:

                              1. Be civil and courteous. This forum is visited by people from all over the world, of different ages, genders, religions, and backgrounds, and are each entitled to their own opinion. Keep in mind that in most cases, posts are not intended to offend. If you find yourself taking offense at a post, take a step back and contact the person directly, or appeal to a moderator for arbitration. Don't make the situation worse by posting in anger and lashing out at the original poster. Also, see Flaming, Right to Privacy, and Hatred.

                              2. Make sure that your message topics fit the topic description of the forum in which you are posting. This is for your own benefit - for example, a question regarding a bug or problem should be posted in the Feedback section under the appropriate heading.

                              3. Use the search function before posting, particularly if the question is problem oriented. Most technical questions have been answered before, and solutions are freely available. Additionally, before posting a bug, check the Known Issues thread to quickly see if the staff is already aware, and to find the discussion thread about that issue.

                              4. Make sure that you have followed #3 before posting

                              5. Read the sticky threads at the top of each forum - they are there for a reason, and generally contain information relevant to the forum and/or game.

                              6. Don't quote the entire message that you're responding to, only the pertinent passage. This makes it easier to read for other users.

                              7. If you find it easier to express yourself en français, auf Deutsch, en español, in Nederlands, in Italiano, or any other language, post in the International Discussion forum. Hopefully someone who speaks the same language as you will be able to assist you. All posts in other sections (non-International) of the forums must be in English, so please make use of Google Translate if you need assistance with translation. Posting in English will allow the widest range of people to assist you.

                              In addition to the Forum Rules, you are bound to the general EA Terms of Service both on these forums and in the game. Links to the TOS are as follows:

                              EA TOS English
                              EA TOS French
                              EA TOS German
                              EA TOS Russian
                              EA TOS Spanish

                              By registering and posting on these forums, you agree to be bound to the rules and disciplinary actions set forth above.
                              See more
                              See less
                              Working...
                              X