Viddasala: Enemy Stun Resistance Conditions Wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viddasala: Enemy Stun Resistance Conditions Wrong?

So I threw 120 energy into Shapeshifters with a 3x Viddasala, 1x RL Iron Bull, and Saarath. In theory, the Viddasalas should have about an 88% chance to stun the entire enemy team but I got no stuns from her across all of these runs combined.

The total stun resist drain from 3 Viddasalas should be 105%, while SS Morrigan T2 only has 75% resist aura plus Dragon Morrigan's 25% all effects resists for a total of 100%. Every stun that procs should land whether the resist drain is multiplicative or additive. Odds of me just rolling no stuns out of 24 total attacks against 5 enemies is incredibly low. As in functionally impossible (about 0.000000000000000000000000000000000008%). I acknowledge that my luck is extremely bad, but nobody's luck is that bad.

After equipping some gear that reduces enemy stun resist unconditionally, I got 2 stuns in one run which leads me to believe that her negative aura just isn't working properly.

My guess is that the negative aura ("-35% stun and curse resist to Inquisition and Mages.") is actually coded with the AND as a programmer would understand it when skimming, meaning only those fitting the categories Inquisition AND Mages are being affected rather than Inquisition OR Mages.
    IGN: Ser Snuggles SWAG | Ally Code: 781-285-398 | I DIDN'T CHOOSE THE NUG LIFE

You would need to check your opponents gear and native ability to stun resist. Fen, for example, is stun immune. A group of elves can be 140% to 175% stun resist with no native ability and just Fen Orbs.
    Last edited by ||OL|| Sigrun; 07-21-2020, 06:02 PM.
    IGN: OL Sigrun, 675-368-186

Comment

Originally posted by ||OL|| Sigrun View Post
      You would need to check your opponents gear and native ability to stun resist. Fen, for example, is stun immune. A group of elves can be 140% to 175% stun resist with no native ability and just Fen Orbs.
      Originally posted by Sortitus View Post
      ...SS Morrigan T2 only has 75% resist aura plus Dragon Morrigan's 25% all effects resists for a total of 100%...
      ‚ÄčThis is Shapeshifters Raid Portal. The auras add up to 100% resist exactly, and there's no immunity or gear on any of the Morrigans in this node. In PVP I can see a higher variety of enemies, which lead me to the conclusion that Viddasala's negative aura is broken in some way. Inquisition mages don't tend to have high stun resistance so testing would probably require weird gear setups. I'd need a few friends to put highly stun resistant Inquisition non-mage teams and Inquisition mage teams to see if the aura is completely broken or just requires both conditions to take effect.

I've also now equipped this squad with a total of -68% stun resistance to enemies on gear and they consistently stun more both in PVP and this node. Even with this gear, an Inquisition team with no mages or immune units but about 60% stun resist after factoring in gear and auras completely avoided 2 turns worth of stuns (a total of 30 opportunities to proc at 50% chance). My resist reduction should have totaled 173% against every unit on the enemy team. Two of the Viddasalas have Stealth so it would have taken 4 turns for the enemy team to break even with Josephine's when hit effect, let alone have any resistance remaining.
      Last edited by Sortitus; 07-21-2020, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I misread what you wrote. Your numbers look correct. I would expect you see a lot more stunning going on.
        IGN: OL Sigrun, 675-368-186

Comment

Originally posted by Sortitus View Post
          My guess is that the negative aura ("-35% stun and curse resist to Inquisition and Mages.") is actually coded with the AND as a programmer would understand it when skimming, meaning only those fitting the categories Inquisition AND Mages are being affected rather than Inquisition OR Mages.
          So the auras don't actually work that way. We aren't able to define an "AND" condition on the auras that are attached to heroes and gear (game-changers are different). Will look into this though.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

Comment

Found it. Will be fixed in the next update. It's got a bad target assigned.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

Comment

Thanks Lyeshal, you're a legend!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X